Dicefreaks

Where Flavor Meets Mechanics
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to dicefreaks

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: All Lovin' No Oven (The White Witch)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:39 pm 

Gaerlan checks in on Elise, often in the company of his sister, who conducts semi-regular checkups on the now quite pregnant witch. Surely she has to be getting close... a moment of truth approaching. "This would be easier if you hadn't *****'d yourself out." He complains.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: All Lovin' No Oven (The White Witch)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:24 am 

"Why do men always use that word, for a woman who has as few sexual restraints as they do? From my perspective, it would have been easier if you'd had the spine to stand up to Thorn. We could have used Vetra-Kali's plague and power to overthrow him and this wretched kingdom both. You'd have made an excellent consort for Talingarde's Witch-Queen."

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:53 am 

"Because it destroys the legitimacy of male heirs." Gaerlan replies flippantly to her question. "Don't be obstinate, it's very unattractive."

A 'Humph' sounds from Irulen at this, but she says nothing further when he turns to stare. After quiet moment he turns his attention back to the White Witch.

"As for your plan to betray the Cardinal, it would have failed. Even today I would not think to challenge him, and even if I could, we would only be pulled down by the Mitrians while we clawed at each other. And you can save me the consort bit. Even if that simpering plague bringer had given the strength to overcome the Cardinal and the King, we both know I'd have been even more the slave than you were now, and only until Trak found a way to slip a knife in my back." He paces around her seat slowly as he talks, quite calmly and conversationally, as though explaining a matter to a friend. "I do wonder though, now, what we do with you. Especially once the child is born. And what do we do with the child, if it proves to be the Baron's? Do you have any particular thoughts on the matter? Any preference? It would seem... wasteful to throw the baron's offspring from a tower, and I don't particularly wish to send you to the block..." He sighs as though deep in thought. "On the other hand, you can scarcely remain as you are now forever. And what if it is my child? I don't exactly think he or she would appreciate the casual murder of their mother."

His strong hands settle on her throat from behind as she sits, but slowly move to her shoulders and collar as he massages her. "What do I do with you Elise?"

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:34 am 

"Which is why inheritance by female primogeniture is infinitely more sensible," she retorts archly. "Never any doubt there."

"Do you think me a fool? Obviously I know we weren't ready to challenge him yet; I would have waited, until victory was complete, my power was at its peak, and his guard was lowest... I suppose I really shouldn't be telling you that, his loyal servant that you are. And I am quite sure you'd not have died so ignominiously; if you did, you wouldn't have been worthy of the honor to begin with."

She stiffens at his touch, and the shift from clutching her throat to rubbing her shoulders does little to ease it. He can feel her tension building rather than easing, though her voice betrays none of it. "There are nations that use exile as the penultimate punishment... if you don't want Thorn to take his petty vengeance or give me to that devil wench Tiadora, you could simply send us away, the child and I. Any thirst for vengeance I may have would be wholly eclipsed by the desire to shake the dirt of this wretched isle from my feet forever."

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:26 pm 

WarDragon wrote:
"Which is why inheritance by female primogeniture is infinitely more sensible," she retorts archly. "Never any doubt there."

Gaerlan arches an eyebrow at this from over Elise's shoulder and is met with a smoldering glare from Irulen. "Not a chance." He smiles as he turns his attention back to the White Witch.

WarDragon wrote:
"Do you think me a fool? Obviously I know we weren't ready to challenge him yet; I would have waited, until victory was complete, my power was at its peak, and his guard was lowest... I suppose I really shouldn't be telling you that, his loyal servant that you are. And I am quite sure you'd not have died so ignominiously; if you did, you wouldn't have been worthy of the honor to begin with."

"And yet you made your move so early, while still in Farholde." Gaerlan's hands kneed into her tense muscles. "Clearly you were very much in favor of acting more rashly, at the time. It's good that this has taught you the value of patience."

WarDragon wrote:
She stiffens at his touch, and the shift from clutching her throat to rubbing her shoulders does little to ease it. He can feel her tension building rather than easing, though her voice betrays none of it. "There are nations that use exile as the penultimate punishment... if you don't want Thorn to take his petty vengeance or give me to that devil wench Tiadora, you could simply send us away, the child and I. Any thirst for vengeance I may have would be wholly eclipsed by the desire to shake the dirt of this wretched isle from my feet forever."

Gaerlan laughs outright at this, "Exile, really? The mother of my child with that child? I'd sooner strangle you to death with my bare hands right now. Just tighten them around that haughty neck of yours and watch the life drain away." The last comes out as a muse, more than a threat, as he runs his rough hands lightly over her smooth milky throat. "I confess, even now, there is a certain appeal to it. You hurt me Elise, with your betrayal. I had plans for us."

"I wonder, if I made you the same offer you made me, would you take it? To be my consort?"

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:34 am 

Aluroon wrote:
"And yet you made your move so early, while still in Farholde." Gaerlan's hands kneed into her tense muscles. "Clearly you were very much in favor of acting more rashly, at the time. It's good that this has taught you the value of patience."

"Oh, that wasn't meant to get rid of Thorn; just your little band, dear. He'd have been so much more trusting of us after we eliminated the 'traitors' in his plan's midst, after all. And I'm sure I could have found a way to convince him to let me keep you... things are so much more difficult now."

Aluroon wrote:
Gaerlan laughs outright at this, "Exile, really? The mother of my child with that child? I'd sooner strangle you to death with my bare hands right now. Just tighten them around that haughty neck of yours and watch the life drain away." The last comes out as a muse, more than a threat, as he runs his rough hands lightly over her smooth milky throat. "I confess, even now, there is a certain appeal to it. You hurt me Elise, with your betrayal. I had plans for us."

There is only a slight twitch in reaction to his 'musing,' but Elise doesn't let it reach her face or voice. "You just said if it wasn't yours, you had little use for it, and Arkov wasn't so important as all that. In such a case, releasing us would cost you nothing. If it is yours... then the matter is a bit more complicated for both of us."

Aluroon wrote:
"I wonder, if I made you the same offer you made me, would you take it? To be my consort?"

"At the time, when my own chances looked rather better, probably not," she admits. "Now... well, at the least, it would be an improvement on my current situation."

Report this post