Dicefreaks

Where Flavor Meets Mechanics
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 12:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Welcome
Welcome to dicefreaks

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: In the Horn (pbp)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:28 pm
Posts: 1181
Thread for PBP in the Horn of Abaddon (and surroundings).


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In the Horn (pbp)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:28 pm
Posts: 1181
The morning of the Knot's battle with the lightning elemental - two days after their first arrival at the Horn - Puella rounds up the Bane-wogs. She tasks them with beginning to clear out junk that is ruined beyond repair or mending from the various rooms, and sets Grumblejack to oversee them, giving the ogre permission to rough up any slackers.

She takes the opportunity to talk with him a little, to probe him about his recent transformation - and to judge whether it has affected his behavior.

The priestess herself selects items that are salvageable with a little carpentry or a mending. She puts special effort into salvaging wrecked equipment from the old torture chamber.

She directs the boggards to pile up the unsalvageable junk - in the empty 1-17 by the exit for now - or in the case of wooden items, break them up and stack them by the forge as future fuel. Jurak's body - besides the valuable heartwood - receives the same fate.

[Clearing out some of the rooms with wrecked bunks and crap]

She leaves it to Gaerlan to decide when the Knot shall see to the statue with its magic pouch, but makes sure she is available for the occasion.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In the Horn (pbp)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:14 am
Posts: 1370
The boggards set to work with a will, at least as long as they are watched. Grumblejack does have more than one opportunity to deliver some blunt-force encouragement, much to his delight.

"It was quite a rush to the head, that was, and no mistake," he answers Puella. "Like... like parts of Grumblejack's mind that I didn't even know were there have opened up. I know why the temples above looked so familiar now; my ancestors lived here once. Their ogrish blood mixed with the daemons that served the cult, and it seems some memories came down to me through it. 'Scuse me, mistress Bone-Face."

He flies over to a boggard leaning against a stalagmite and gives it a swift kick to the slimy posterior, grinning cruelly as he does. His personality seems little changed, though the ogre is clearly smarter than he was, as well as more powerful.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In the Horn (pbp)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:15 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:45 pm
Posts: 4496
Lucavi seeks out the mates of Kumanda to get to know better, starting with their names. He tries to determine if he will have to shift appearances with the circlet or if he can remain in his true form for the diversions he has in mind.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In the Horn (pbp)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:03 pm
Posts: 1594
The afternoon of the lightning elemental battle Gaerlan assembles the Knot and Grumblejack to examine their stone victim. Though the boggards continue to work throughout the Horn, this room is cleared of the vile creatures and the door is securely barred. Gaerlan utters a blessing* as he indicates for Teeg to apply the salve they found elsewhere statue, once more reunited with its head.

*Divine Favor


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In the Horn (pbp)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:14 am
Posts: 1370
Kain Darkwind wrote:
Lucavi seeks out the mates of Kumanda to get to know better, starting with their names. He tries to determine if he will have to shift appearances with the circlet or if he can remain in his true form for the diversions he has in mind.

It puts somewhat of a damper on the interactions that Zikomo is required as a translator; like all of the Bane-Wogs save the shaman, the former chief's concubines do not speak Talirean, or any language other than their own uncouth croaks.

"We are not like those degenerate, egg-worshipping heretical bullywugs, lord," the shaman says disdainfully. "These females had names once, but they lost them with the death of Kumanda who owned them. To speak those names now would be a blasphemy against the Father. Females, being naturally inferior to the males made in Father's image, are the property of the male who claims them, and called as he wishes. Such is the manifest and obvious will of Dagon, and so shall it ever be."

He continues with obvious reluctance, "If... you... wish to claim them for your own, you may give them names as you see fit, and they will be yours to command."

Aluroon wrote:
The afternoon of the lightning elemental battle Gaerlan assembles the Knot and Grumblejack to examine their stone victim. Though the boggards continue to work throughout the Horn, this room is cleared of the vile creatures and the door is securely barred. Gaerlan utters a blessing* as he indicates for Teeg to apply the salve they found elsewhere statue, once more reunited with its head.


As the salve is applied, the crack between head and neck mends, and the statue becomes flesh once more, a burly man dressed in the cult's green robes over a set of banded mail. He stumbles forward, bouncing off of Grumblejack and landing square on his posterior. He looks around him in amazement.

"I... I live? I thought for certain that Thanatos had claimed me for oblivion!"


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In the Horn (pbp)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:03 pm
Posts: 1594
WarDragon wrote:
As the salve is applied, the crack between head and neck mends, and the statue becomes flesh once more, a burly man dressed in the cult's green robes over a set of banded mail. He stumbles forward, bouncing off of Grumblejack and landing square on his posterior. He looks around him in amazement.

"I... I live? I thought for certain that Thanatos had claimed me for oblivion!"


The voice comes from behind the prone man, "close enough perhaps, and close to it still." The black knight holds his sword before him, tip resting against the ground. "You find yourself regrettably within our mercy. Who are you?"


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In the Horn (pbp)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:14 am
Posts: 1370
The man looks at the figures about him; Gaerlan, cold and refined, Lucavi, scarred and dark-armored, Puella with her bone-white mask, Teeg's emotionless eyes, and the towering, fiendish ogre. He gulps, and lets his survival instincts take full charge. He adjusts his posture to a more groveling one, and answers quickly.

"I'm Halthus, called the Flayer, milord. Acolyte and torturer to the Sons of the Pale Horsemen. At your service, sirs and lady."


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In the Horn (pbp)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:03 pm
Posts: 1594
Gaerlan cracks a smile, "A survivor then. The one and only. Fascinating. Tell me Halthus, what is that?" He nudges the satchel on the man's hip with his blade.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In the Horn (pbp)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:35 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:45 pm
Posts: 4496
WarDragon wrote:
Kain Darkwind wrote:
Lucavi seeks out the mates of Kumanda to get to know better, starting with their names. He tries to determine if he will have to shift appearances with the circlet or if he can remain in his true form for the diversions he has in mind.

It puts somewhat of a damper on the interactions that Zikomo is required as a translator; like all of the Bane-Wogs save the shaman, the former chief's concubines do not speak Talirean, or any language other than their own uncouth croaks.

"We are not like those degenerate, egg-worshipping heretical bullywugs, lord," the shaman says disdainfully. "These females had names once, but they lost them with the death of Kumanda who owned them. To speak those names now would be a blasphemy against the Father. Females, being naturally inferior to the males made in Father's image, are the property of the male who claims them, and called as he wishes. Such is the manifest and obvious will of Dagon, and so shall it ever be."

He continues with obvious reluctance, "If... you... wish to claim them for your own, you may give them names as you see fit, and they will be yours to command."



If there is damper on the interactions, Lucavi does not appear to be affected by it. He listens carefully to the tongue, trying to commit its twists and gurgles to memory. He slaps Zikomo on the back in a comradely manner. "Zik. Clearly you want them. I want them. I need you to help me get them. You're my very own Tyrano de Bergerac. So what do you think is a fair way to work that out? Are you willing to mate with them in front of me, show me how it's done? Maybe watch while I do, give me some pointers? You seem like you are a free man, Zikomo, and free men walk a path unlike any other."


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

suspicion-preferred