Dicefreaks

Where Flavor Meets Mechanics
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to dicefreaks

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: KCG's Awesome Character Thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:39 pm 
Site Admin

Valian Hawksword
Medium humanoid (human), N
Ranger 5, (8501/14,000 xp)
________________________________________________________________________________
Armor Class 18 (half plate, two weapon fighting)
Hit Points 38 (5d10 + 10)
Speed 40 ft.
________________________________________________________________________________
STR 18(+4) DEX 14(+2) CON 14(+2) INT 11(+0) WIS 16(+3) CHA 12(+1)
Saving Throws Strength +8, Dexterity +6, Constitution +3, Intelligence +1, Wisdom +4, Charisma +2
Skills Animal Handling +6, Athletics +7, Nature +3, Perception +6, Stealth +5, Survival +6, Tool (flute) +3
Resist fire
Feat Dual Wielder, Mobile, Ability Increase (Str)
Senses passive Perception 16
Languages Common, Dwarven, Elven, Goblin
Challenge 9001
Equipment longsword +1 (Arrow II), longsword (Flash), shortsword x2, longbow, arrows x36, half plate, chain shirt, leather armor, ring of fire resistance, staff, hunting trap, bear's head cap trophy, traveler's clothes, pouch (195 gp, 8 sp, 4 cp), explorer's pack (backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, torches x10, rations x10, waterskin, hempen rope (50 ft.), morning star (wicked looking), daggers (odd shaped) x3, crossbows x3, gold x3, shortbows x3, scimitar x3, dagger, spell component pouch, scholar's pack, spellbook, letter of introduction from Alchemist's Guild, traveler's clothes, belt pouch, healing potion, greataxe, two handaxes, javelins x14, spears x5, magic shield, explorer's pack, cook's utensils, rations x1 week, shovel, iron pot, common clothes, belt pouch, bolts x14, 5 labeled "Alchemist's Fire", 5 labeled "acid", 6 labeled "antitoxin", 5 labeled "healing serum", studded leather
Favored Enemy: Humans/Goblinoids (advantage on Survival to track and Intelligence to recall vs favored enemy)

Fighting Style: Two Weapon (add ability modifier to off hand attack.)

Natural Explorer: Forest (Double proficiency bonus on proficient Int/Wis skill checks made in terrain.)
-Difficult terrain doesn't slow group's travel.
-Group cannot become lost except by magical means.
-Remain alert to danger when engaged in other travel activities.
-Move with stealth at normal pace when traveling alone
-Find twice as much food foraging as normal.
-When tracking, learn exact number, sizes, and how long ago they passed.

Favor Of The Tosscobbles: Reputation with the Tosscobble family grants you excellent favor with them and closely related halflings, up to providing limited criminal services.

Mobile When Val uses the Dash action, difficult terrain doesn’t cost extra movement on that turn.
When Val makes a melee attack against a creature, he doesn’t provoke opportunity attacks from that creature for the rest of the turn, whether he hits or not.

Primeval Awareness (One action, expend ranger spell slot)
-1 minute per spell level, 1 mile range (6 miles in forests)
-determine presence or absence of aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends or undead

Wanderer Excellent memory for maps and geography, can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water and so forth.

ACTIONS
Attack (2). Arrow II: +8 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d8 + 5)
Bonus Flash: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d8 + 4)

Attack (2). Longbow: +5 to hit, 150/600., one target. Hit: (1d8 + 2)

Horde Breaker. On each of your turns, when you make a weapon attack, you can make another with the same weapon against a different creature that is within 5 ft. of the original target and in range of your weapon.

SPELLS

Ranger Spells Known (4/2 per day)
animal friendship (DC 14), cure wounds (1d8+3, +1d8 per level), lesser restoration, speak with animals

REACTIONS

Two-Weapon Protection. When a creature you can see attacks a target other than you that is within 5 feet of you, you can use your reaction to impose disadvantage on the attack roll. You must be wielding two weapons.

STATISTICS
Height. 6'
Weight. 200 lbs
Age. 25
Characteristics. Personality - I'm driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home. I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won't save you from a hungry owlbear. Ideal - Life is like the seasons, in constant change and we must change with it. Bond - An injury to the unspoiled friends of my heart is an injury to me. Flaw - I let my mind wander at inappropriate times.
Loot -

Post subject: Re: KCG's Awesome Character Thread
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:54 pm 

Mezentius
Medium humanoid (human), LN
Barbarian 4, (5,985 xp)
Armor Class 15 (+3 Con, +1 Dex, +1 Hades)
Hit Points 45 (4d12 + 12)
Speed 30 ft.
STR 18(+4) DEX 13(+1) CON 16(+3) INT 12(+1) WIS 11(+0) CHA 16(+3)
Saving Throws Str +7, Dex +2, Con +6, Int +2, Wis +1, Cha +4. (includes +1 favor of the dark one)
Skills Athletic, Intimidate, History, Persuasion, Investigation
Feat Polearm Master
Divine Bonus Feats Resilient (Charisma), Inspiring Leader
Senses Passive Perception +10
Languages Common
Challenge Off the scale.
Equipment spearpike, banner, javelins

Danger Sense: You have advantage on Dexterity saving throws against effects that you can see, such as traps and spells. To gain this benefit, you can’t be blinded, deafened, or incapacitated.

Favor Of The Tosscobbles: Reputation with the Tosscobble family grants you excellent favor with them and closely related halflings, up to providing limited criminal services.

Position of Privilege: Thanks to your noble birth, people are inclined to think the best of you. You are welcome in high society, and people assume you have the right to be wherever you are. The common folk make every effort to accommodate you and avoid your displeasure, and other people of high birth treat you as a member of the same social sphere. You can secure an audience with a local noble if you need to.

Reckless Attack: You can choose to gain advantage on melee weapon attack rolls using Strength during this turn, but attack rolls against you have advantage until your next turn.

Son of Hades: Mezentius' weapon attacks are magic weapons, and has a +1 bonus to his unarmored defense armor class.

TOTEM WARRIOR:

Spirit Seeker: You gain the ability to cast the beast sense and speak with animals spells, but only as rituals, as described in chapter 10.

Bear Totem: When raging, you have resistance against all damage types except for psychic damage.

The totems of Mezentius frequently manifest as the eagle or the lion, but who can predict the whims of Zeus?

ACTIONS
Attack. Pike: +6 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: (1d10 + 4 magic)
Bonus Butt: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d4 + 4 magic)

Attack. Javelin: +6 to hit, 150/600., one target. Hit: (1d6 + 4 magic)

Rage (3/long rest) Enters rage as bonus action, gaining the following benefits:
-Advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws
-+2 bonus damage on melee attacks
-Resistance to all but psychic damage.

REACTIONS
Reaction.

STATISTICS
Height. 6'4"
Weight. 230 lbs
Age 25
Characteristics. Personality Trait: I take great pains to always look my best and follow the latest fashions. Ideal: Power. If I can attain more power, no one will tell me what to do. Bond: The common folk must see me as a hero of the people. Flaw: I secretly believe that everyone is beneath me.
Loot divine right.
Missing 164 gp, greatclub, 4 javelins, explorer pack, a set of fine clothes, a signet ring, a scroll of pedigree, and a purse containing 25 gp, 200 gp worth of fancy stuff.

Last edited by Coriat on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:52 pm 

Lysander the Godfinger
Medium humanoid (human), N
Warlock 4, (5060/6500 xp)
Armor Class 15 (studded leather +2, Dex +3)
Hit Points 31 (4d8 + 8)
Speed 30 ft.
STR 11 DEX 16 CON 14 INT 14 WIS 12 CHA 18
Saving Throws Strength +0, Dexterity +3, Constitution +2, Intelligence +2, Wisdom +3, Charisma +6
Skills Animal Handling +6, Arcana +4, Deception +6, Religion +4, Survival +3; carpenter's tools +2
Resist
Feat Spell Sniper; Ability Increase (Cha/Dex); Longsword proficiency
Senses passive Perception
Languages Common, Celestial, Dwarven, Infernal
Challenge ungodly
Equipment rod, dagger, studded leather; acid x2, antitoxin
Otherworldly Patron (Fiend)
-Expanded spell list (burning hands, command; blindness/deafness, scorching ray)
-Dark One's Blessing (when reducing a hostile creature to 0 hp, gain Cha+warlock level temp hp)

Eldritch Invocations
-Agonizing Blast (add Cha to eldritch blast damage)
-Book of Ancient Secrets (can cast rituals, scribe ritual spells from any list in Book of Shadows)

Pact Boon: Tome (Book of Shadows cantrips below, marked with *)

Rustic Hospitality
-Since you come from the ranks of the common folk, you fit in among them with ease. You can find a place to hide, rest, or recuperate among other commoners, unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them. They will shield you from the law or anyone else searching for you, though they will not risk their lives for you.

Divine Boon: Speak with Animals (Permanent)

ACTIONS
Attack. Eldritch Blast: +8 to hit, range 120 ft., one target. Hit: (1d10 + 6)

Attack. Dagger: +5 to hit, range 20/60, one target. Hit: (1d4 + 3)

PACT MAGIC

Warlock Spells Known (2 per rest) (5, 2nd level)
Save DC 16, attack +8
armor of Cocytus, blindness/deafness, hex, invisibility, misty step
Cantrips (at will): control flames*, eldritch blast, guidance*, mage hand, mending*, minor illusion, prestidigitation

Rituals scribed
alarm, detect magic, identify

REACTIONS
Reaction.

STATISTICS
Height. 6'
Weight. 160 lbs
Age. 27
Characteristics. Personality – When I set my mind to something, I follow through no matter what gets in my way. I don't pay attention to the risks in a situation; never tell me the odds. Ideal – Nothing and no one can keep me from my higher calling... as soon as I figure out what it is. Bond – A proud noble once gave me a horrible beating, and I will take my revenge on any bully I encounter. I'm guilty of a terrible crime; I hope I can redeem myself. Flaw - I’m convinced of the significance of my destiny, and blind to my shortcomings and the risk of failure. The people who knew me when I was young know my shameful secret, so I can never go home again.

Loot backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, waterskin, 50 ft. of hemp rope, two-dozen holy symbols of various gods, 13 gp;

Hilt of Offa's Spellsword (+2 to spell attacks and DCs, regain a warlock spell slot 1/day as an action)

Last edited by WarDragon on Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:33 pm 

Samuel Waters
Medium human, LN
Monk 4, (5875 xp)
Armor Class 18 (Unarmored Defense 10+Dex+Wis)
Hit Points 22 (4d8+4)
Resistance
Speed 40 ft.
Initiative +4
STR 13(+1) DEX 18(+4) CON 12(+1) INT 11(+0) WIS 18(+4)CHA 14(+2)
Feat Resilient
Senses
Languages Common, Goblin,
Challenge -d
Equipment Dungeoneers pack. Other stuff. Ring of Resist Poison
Bonus Unarmed Strike:+6 to hit, one target. Hit: (1d4+4)

Flurry of Blows

Unarmed Strike: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft, one target. Hit (1d4+4)
Bonus2 x Unarmed Strike

Patient Defense

You can spend 1 ki point to take the Dodge action as a bonus action on your turn.

Step of the Wind

You can spend 1 ki point to take the Disengage or Dash action as a bonus action on your turn, and your jump distance is doubled for the turn.

Shieldscatter: When attacking a creature with a shield or who has the ability to add to their AC while wielding two weapons, you treat their AC as 1 lower for the purposes of determining success.

REACTIONS

Deflect Missiles

Starting at 3rd level, you can use your reaction to deflect or catch the missile when you are hit by a ranged weapon attack. When you do so, the damage you take from the attack is reduced by 1d10 + your Dexterity modifier + your monk level.

If you reduce the damage to 0, you can catch the missile if it is small enough for you to hold in one hand and you have at least one hand free. If you catch a missile in this way, you can spend 1 ki point to make a ranged attack with the weapon or piece of ammunition you just caught, as part of the same reaction. You make this attack with proficiency, regardless of your weapon proficiencies, and the missile counts as a monk weapon for the attack, which has a normal range of 20 feet and a long range of 60 feet.

Slow Fall

Beginning at 4th level, you can use your reaction when you fall to reduce any falling damage you take by an amount equal to five times your monk level.

STATISTICS
Height. 5' 9”
Weight. 178 lbs
Age. 27
Characteristics.
Background

Folk Hero
I trained the peasantry to use farm implements as weapons against a tyrant’s soldiers.
I judge people by their actions, not their words.
Fairness. No one should get preferential treatment before the law, and no one is above the law. (Lawful)
I worked the land, I love the land, and I will protect the land.
Secretly, I believe that things would be better if I were a tyrant lording over the land.

Last edited by Tip on Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:46 pm 

Elbryan Lightbringer
Medium humanoid (human), LG
Paladin 1, (0/300 xp)
Armor Class 18 (chainmail, shield)
Hit Points 14 (1d10 + 4); DR 3/-
Speed 30 ft.
STR 20 (+5) DEX 13 (+1) CON 18 (+4) INT 14 (+2) WIS 15 (+2) CHA 16 (+3)
Saving Throws Wisdom +4, Charisma +5
Skills History +4, Insight +4, Medicine +4, Persuasion +5, Religion +4
Tools Chess +4
Feat Heavy Armor Master
Senses passive Perception 12
Languages Abyssal, Common, Giant
Challenge 1
Equipment longsword, shield, spear, chainmail, holy symbol, explorer's pack, set of fine clothes, a signet ring, a scroll
of pedigree, emblem of courtly love from the king, and a purse containing 25 gp

Position of Privilege. Thanks to your noble birth, people are inclined to think the best of you. You are welcome in high society, and people assume you have the right to be wherever you are. The common folk make every effort to accommodate you and avoid your displeasure, and other people of high birth treat you as a member of the same social sphere. You can secure an audience with a local noble if you need to.

Retainers. You have the service of three retainers loyal to your family. One of your retainers is a noble who serves as your squire, aiding you in exchange for training on his or her own path to knighthood. Your two remaining retainers might include a groom to care for your horse and a servant who polishes your armor (and even helps you put it on).

As an emblem of chivalry and the ideals of courtly love, you might include among your equipment a banner or other token from a noble lord or lady to whom you have given your heart—in a chaste sort of devotion. (This person could be your bond.)

ACTIONS
Attack. Longsword: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d8 + 5)
Bonus Unarmed: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (6)

Attack. Heavy crossbow: +4 to hit, 100/400., one target. Hit: (1d10 + 2)

SPELLS

Paladin Spells Known (0 per day)

REACTIONS

STATISTICS
Height. 6'4"
Weight. 250 lbs
Age. 18
Characteristics. Personality - I'm driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home. I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won't save you from a hungry owlbear. Ideal - Life is like the seasons, in constant change and we must change with it. Bond - An injury to the unspoiled friends of my heart is an injury to me. Flaw - I let my mind wander at inappropriate times.
Loot -