Dicefreaks

Where Flavor Meets Mechanics
It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 2:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to dicefreaks

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: KCG's Awesome D&D Next Game
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:42 pm 

I am looking to start a new D&D game played over the Internet using MapTool (1.4.0.0) and mIRC. Tentatively we are looking at a play time of 1 pm to 5 pm EDT, with adjustments as they happen. We will be playing with D&D Next (aka 5th Edition).

Server is Espernet. Room names are #KCGsGame and #KCGOOC

If you're interested post a 1st level character in this thread using the KCG Elite Array (16 15 14 13 12 11). Post using this monster template I made up a while back. We are playing with the feat variant rules, so if you are playing a human use the one that gets a feat.

The game takes place in a homebrew world of my own continuing creation.

First game is tentatively scheduled for March 26 (oddly enough aside from a guest spot as a beholder the last game of D&D I played was also a night before Easter Sunday).

Any questions?

Last edited by KingCrazyGenius on Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: KCG's Awesome D&D Next Game
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:46 pm 
Site Admin

I'm down for this, mainly for the adventure and not for the FR. If you adjust the world to something else, like ancient Earth or some homebrew like an ocean covered waterworld, I'll be fine with that too.

Got my PHB today. Will be looking things over. You said the human with the feat. I saw it under humans, but I'm not sure if that means they get +1 skill prof and +1 ability score to two scores as well as the feat, or just a feat instead of +1 to all.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:25 pm 

Alas, I'm already booked during that time slot for the foreseeable future, or I'd toss my hat in the ring.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:12 am 
Site Admin

Toss it...

KCG, help me out as to what you envision. I don't want to make a badass wilderness ranger only to find out we're focused in a city trying to control the competing guilds. Or a badass urban rogue only to find out I'm Regis, hopelessly outclassed in a wilderness mountain adventure...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:37 pm 

I'm in mostly the same boat as Wardragon, best of luck!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:47 pm 

Quote:
I'm down for this, mainly for the adventure and not for the FR. If you adjust the world to something else, like ancient Earth or some homebrew like an ocean covered waterworld, I'll be fine with that too.

Oh good, cuz I was very afraid of messing up details at running an FR game, but you seemed to want some kind of established setting when we first talked. This will be a homebrew world then, but I'm going to use the FR human ethnicities because they are right there in the Player's Handbook.

Quote:
Got my PHB today. Will be looking things over. You said the human with the feat. I saw it under humans, but I'm not sure if that means they get +1 skill prof and +1 ability score to two scores as well as the feat, or just a feat instead of +1 to all.

As a human, you'll get +1 to two ability scores of your choice, one proficiency in a skill of your choice, and one feat that you would qualify for as a 1st level character of your particular abilities.

Kain Darkwind wrote:
Toss it...

KCG, help me out as to what you envision. I don't want to make a badass wilderness ranger only to find out we're focused in a city trying to control the competing guilds. Or a badass urban rogue only to find out I'm Regis, hopelessly outclassed in a wilderness mountain adventure...

In general, I envision more dungeon delving than word talkings and the earliest planned part of the adventure involves the outdoors. That said, I've learned from my railroading in the past. If you want to be a wise-cracking rogue who slowly conquers an urban underworld, there will definitely be ways to make that happen if you survive shipwrecking on Cannibal Island.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:23 am 
Site Admin

KingCrazyGenius wrote:
Quote:

Oh good, cuz I was very afraid of messing up details at running an FR game, but you seemed to want some kind of established setting when we first talked. This will be a homebrew world then, but I'm going to use the FR human ethnicities because they are right there in the Player's Handbook.

Yeah, you misunderstood. When I said a 'historical' FR setting, I meant one set in a time period that didn't run concurrent with the novels, like maybe at the dawn of the elves or such. Same with Greyhawk, I would have not minded setting it in one of the smaller realms that isn't detailed and pretty much is just open to DM interp. I didn't want a big established setting, so if we played in one, an out of the way corner of one was more ideal.

Quote:
In general, I envision more dungeon delving than word talkings and the earliest planned part of the adventure involves the outdoors. That said, I've learned from my railroading in the past. If you want to be a wise-cracking rogue who slowly conquers an urban underworld, there will definitely be ways to make that happen if you survive shipwrecking on Cannibal Island.

Cool by me. Valian Hawksword it is.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:14 am 

Guys if you can't update your character sheets with your new XP and magic items in a timely fashion can you at least make note of all the goblin weapons and armor you're stockpiling?

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:58 pm 
Site Admin

The goblin weapons and armor were listed under 'loot' at the very bottom of my sheet, rather than possessions. Unsorted loot is always found here.

The magic ring is with Sixteen, no? And the amulet is Mez's.

I am still deciding between feats, hence my lack of level up.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:46 am 

What feats are you considering? Perhaps my omniscient insight can help you out in making a decision.

Also...there will be methods for retraining. Assuming Val and Mez don't totally **** off the wrong people.