Dicefreaks

Where Flavor Meets Mechanics
It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 10:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to dicefreaks

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Make Me One With Everything: Sauerkraut To (With Sakkarot)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:18 am 

The Blackguard remains behind with his appointed killer when the rest of the Knot travels to recruit the Oni. It takes a while for Sakkarot to rouse himself, but when he does Gaerlan is waiting. Most of the horde is still passed out from the night of feasting and drinking, but Gaerlan bids the Warlord to walk with him, out of their hearing range. "I'm troubled my friend." It's true. He looks tired, though his clothing looks immaculate - an illusion Fire-axe realizes with certainty. Gaerlan passes the bugbear a flask of something stronger than wine to take the edge off this morning. "I trust the Father, but I cannot see the way forward. I've been kept in the dark as to our fate, your fate, the fate of this army. I see pieces, but they don't fit together. Not with what we've been promised." He falls into silence as they walk, an unlikely duo, "I need you to help me see."

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Make Me One With Everything: Sauerkraut To (With Sakkaro
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:26 pm 

"Hmph. You want to know your future, and cannot see it; I know mine all too well, and prefer not to think of it. It's too early in the afternoon for that kind of irony, Gaerlan," the Fire-Axe says, taking a swig from the proffered flask.

"I trust the Cardinal as well; trust him to keep his word to the letter, for the Pact holds him just as liable for breaking it as we. He has promised that you will be lords of a Talingarde, under the eye of the Father Below, and that I believe. As for my fate... you ask of that which he has commanded me not to speak. And even though I know the end of my path, I cannot foresee all of the steps."

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:11 am 

"I see only destruction at the end my friend." Gaerlan accepts the flask back and takes a pull from it. "This." he gestures with his free hand to the wasteland left behind by the ravages of the horde, "cannot endure forever. There shall be nothing left for you to ravage, or there shall be none of you left to ravage before long. I wonder which is the Cardinal's plan? To burn it all down, or to pull you down? And if the later, than how? For while this King might defeat this horde, he could not defeat you." The flask is passed back and Gaerlan lays a hand on the bugbear's arm, "You say you know the end of your path, but I would not have it end before my own. And I intend to walk this land for a good long while yet."

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:56 pm 

Sakkarot snorts and takes a bit more of the hair of the dog. "Don't worry about that; our mutual friend's plans don't include my death, of that I'm certain at least. It's only... have you ever been offered something you wanted very dearly, and then, by the time it came around, you found you didn't actually want it any longer?"

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:07 am 

Gaerlan contemplates for a moment as the two sit in silence. "In a sense, I suppose. Or at least, what I wanted changed, evolved. I climbed a mountain to find that it I was only crawling out of a valley, and that the true ascend lay ahead. What troubles you though my friend?"

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:01 am 

"Besides the dwarven forge-hammers pounding the inside of my skull, and being persistently asked about things I'd rather not think about?," Sakkarot replies with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm treading close to the edge of a promise to our mutual friend by saying this, but... you aren't wrong, my friend." He looks about, carefully, intent on making sure that no other bugbears are listening; all still snore. In a lower voice, Sakkarot goes on: "There will come a day when my horde is defeated. Not by any Mitran, of that he assured me, but the day will come. When I first joined him, the thought of revenge on my own people was sweet, but now... now, I have no way to go but forward."

Report this post