Dicefreaks

Where Flavor Meets Mechanics
It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to dicefreaks

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Pathfinder Interest Check
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:12 am 

I'm planning on an attempt at DMing an online Pathfinder adventure.

• I've gathered sufficient interest from other online circles that two groups, rather than one, seems likely, and I'm aiming to run each every other week; a Saturday group on the Sunday group's off-week, and a Sunday group on the Saturday group's off-week. No start date has been set.
• There are a number of new players among the fresh recruits. As such, I will be attempting not to flood them with houserules. If an interested party has a particular houserule they're especially attached to, I promise to at least consider it. Houserules that are options rather than game-wide or party-wide are more likely to be permitted.
• Medium will be either mIRC & maptool or Roll20, and is presently undetermined.
• The adventures I'm considering running are The House on Hook Street & Gary Gygax's Necropolis, updated for Pathfinder and set in Golarion/Osirion. I may end up running one adventure in one group, and the other adventure for the second, or I may end up running the same adventure for both, depending on what players are available and which garners the greater share of interest.

Comments, questions, concerns, interest?

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Pathfinder Interest Check
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:43 am 
Site Admin

It won't help you fill any spots, but if I had a better timezone correlation and less real life, I'd love to play in a game you DM. Good luck with it!

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:41 pm 
Site Admin

Unfortunately at this point, I have only a small timeslot (Friday nights) for games, and it is filled with two 5e games atm.

I will say this for those who are reading, Glabrezubane was one of the most interested and inquisitive of my players, despite having one of the shortest runs as a regular. I suspect those qualities will make an excellent DM. Necropolis is one of the great megaadventures of 3.0, and would be a blast. I regret having to miss out, but I hope others can seize the opportunity.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:05 pm 

I would be down for the Sunday game, though for the record I'm having difficulties with MapTool that I haven't resolved yet so I would be limited to Roll20 and mIRC.

I'm feeling paladin. Human, maybe halfling.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:42 pm 

Appreciate the kind words, Selah, Kain. You're both welcome to join if circumstances change, just drop me a line.

KCG, what adventure would you prefer? No preference is a valid response.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:49 pm 

Do you have any idea what time slots the respective games would be in? I'm... somewhat committed on the weekends as is, but I'd love to be able to squeeze in another PF game.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:59 pm 

At least one prospective player has noted that they won't be available until 1900 EST but if that would be a problem I can put you in different groups. What time slots do you have available?

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:05 pm 

I've got a Sunday group that meets... irregularly and unpredictably at best, being honest, but after 1900 EST would probably be okay for that, though I might not be able to go very late... work on Monday morning and all that.

I've also got a group that normally meets on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Saturdays of the month, at 1700 EST, so the 2nd and 4th Sats of the month would probably be clear for me.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:27 pm 

I can work with that. I'll probably slot you in with the Saturday group, then.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:30 pm 

Alright. Slight preference for the Necropolis, but I can play with either adventure.

Report this post