Dicefreaks

Where Flavor Meets Mechanics
It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to dicefreaks

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: KCG's 5e NPCs
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:55 am 

ARTRARIEN GALANODEL
Medium humanoid (elf), neutral
High Elf Wizard 6 XP 14,000
________________________________________________________________________________
Armor Class 14 (17 with mage armor)
Hit Points 38 (6d6 + 12)
Speed 30 ft.
________________________________________________________________________________
STR 13(+1) DEX 18(+4) CON 14(+2) INT 18(+4) WIS 11(+0) CHA 12(+1)
Saving Throws Int +7, Wis +3
Skills Arcana +7, History +7, Intimidate +4, Investigation +7, Perception +3
Tools (list all proficient); daggers, darts, light crossbows, longbows, longswords, quarterstaffs, shortbows, shortswords, slings
Damage Vulnerabilities
Damage Resistances
Damage Immunities
Condition Immunities
Senses darkvision, passive Perception #13
Languages Common, Draconic, Elvish, Gnomish, Sylvan
Background (Sage). Artrarien was a wizard's apprentice. He knows how to find lore. Personality Trait I ... speak ... slowly ... when talking to idiols, which ... almost ... everyone ... is compared...to me. Ideal Knowledge is the path to power and domination. Bond It is my duty to protect my students. Flaw I speak without really thinking through my words, invariably insulting others.

Arcane Recovery. Once per day when Artrarien finishes a short rest he can recover 3 levels' worth of spell slots.

Arcane Tradition. Artrarien is an Evoker. The gold and time he must spend to copy evocation spells into his spellbook is halved. When he casts an evocation spell he can select a number of creatures equal to 1+spell level to automatically succeed on their saving throw against it, and take no damage if they would normally take half damage on a successful save. When a creature succeeds on a saving throw against Artrarien's cantrips they still take half damage.

Fey Ancestry. Artrarien has advantage on saving throws against being charmed and cannot be put to sleep magically.

Trance. Artrarien does not sleep, but meditates deeply for four hours. This provides the same benefit as 8 hours of sleep for a human.

Spellcasting Artrarien is a 6th-level spellcaster. His spellcasting ability is Intelligence(spell save DC 15, +7 to hit with spell attacks). He has the following wizard spells prepared:

Cantrip:acid splash, firebolt, mending, prestidigitation, ray of frost
1st level spell (4 slots): burning hands, false life, mage armor, magic missile
2nd level spell (3 slots): enlarge/reduce, ray of enfeeblement, shatter
3rd level spell (3 slots): dispel magic, haste, lightning bolt

Spellbook: 1st level: burning hands, false life, identify, mage armor, magic missile, ray of sickness, shield, thunderwave , 2nd Level: enlarge/reduce, ray of enfeeblement, scorching ray, shatter , 3rd level: dispel magic, haste, fireball, lightning bolt

ACTIONS
Longsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 + 1 or 1d10 + 1 when used two-handed.

Special Ability.

GEAR
Longsword, dagger, arcane focus (crystal), scholar's pack, spellbook, a bottle of black ink, a quill, a small knife, a letter from a dead colleague posing a question you have not yet been able to answer, a set of common clothes, and a belt pouch containing 10 gp

DESCRIPTION
6'4, 180 lbs, fair skin, black hair, intense contempt.

Post subject: Re: KCG's 5e NPCs
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:02 pm 

BRUTUS BLOODKNUCKLE
Medium humanoid (human, orc), chaotic good
Half-Orc Barbarian 6 XP 14,000
Armor Class 15 (unarmored defense)
Hit Points 65 (6d12 + 18)
Speed 40 ft.
STR 19(+4) DEX 14(+2) CON 16(+3) INT 11(+0) WIS 13(+1) CHA 12(+1)
Saving Throws Str +7, Con +6
Skills Athletics +7, Intimidate +4, Nature +4, Perception +4, Survival +4
Tools navigator's tools, vehicles (water); light armor, medium armor, shields, simple weapons, martial weapons
Feat Tavern Brawler
Senses Darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 14
Languages Common, Orc
Sailor. Brutus can secure free passage on a ship for himself and his companions, in exchange for working. Personality Trait To me, a tavern brawl is a nice way to get to know a new city. Ideal The Thing that keeps a ship together is mutual respect between captain and crew, Bond I'll always remember my first ship, and Flaw Once someone questions my courage, I never back down no matter how dangerous the situation.

Danger Sense. Brutus has advantage on Dexterity saving throws against effects he can see, such as traps or spells.

Path of the Berserker. When raging, Brutus can make an extra melee attack as a bonus action. If he does so, at the end of his rage he suffers one level of exhaustion. Brutus is immune to being charmed or frightened while raging.

Reckless Attack. When making an attack, Brutus can choose to gain advantage on all attacks made his turn: all attacks made against him also have advantage.

Relentless Endurance. When reduced to 0 hit points but not killed, Brutus can instead drop to 1 hit point. He can do this once per long rest.

Savage Attacks. Brutus adds another weapon die to damage on melee weapon critical hits.

ACTIONS
Multiattack. Brutus can make two attacks with his attack action.

Greataxe. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d12 + 4)

Unarmed Strike. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d4 + 4)

Rage. (Twice Per Long Rest) As a bonus action Brutus can fly into a rage, gaining the following benefits:
- Advantage on Strength checks and saving throws
- +2 damage on melee weapon attacks
- resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.

Rage ends after 1 minute, if Brutus is knocked unconscious, or fails to attack or be attacked in a round.

REACTIONS
Reaction.

GEAR
Greataxe, two handaxes, explorer's pack, four javelins, a belaying pin (dub), 50 feet of silk rope, a lucky charm (gold tooth he knocked out of a pirate's mouth), a set of common clothes, and a belt pouch containing 10 gp.

DESCRIPTION
6'4", 280 lbs, 18, ridiculously muscular.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:31 pm 

Joliet Johaberdash
Medium humanoid (elf, human), chaotic neutral
Half-Elf Sorceress 6 XP 14,000
Armor Class 13 (16 with mage armor)
Hit Points 38 (6d6 + 12)
Speed 30 ft.
STR 12(+1) DEX 16(+3) CON 15(+2) INT 13(+1) WIS 11(+0) CHA 20(+5)
Saving Throws Con +5, Cha +8
Skills Arcana +4, Deception +8, History +4, Medicine +3, Persuasion +8, Religion +4
Tools herbalism kit; Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows
Senses Darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
Languages Common, Elvish, Undercommon
Hermit. Joliet has discovered that a grand destiny awaits her. Personality Trait I connect everything that happens to me to a grand, cosmic plan, Ideal if you know yourself there's nothing left to know, Bond I entered seclusion to hide from the ones who might still be hunting me. I must someday confront them, Flaw I harbor dark, bloodthirsty thoughts that my isolation and meditation failed to quell.

Fey Ancestry. Joliet has advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic cannot put her to sleep.

Font Of Magic. Joliet has 6 sorcery points. She can turn sorcery points into refreshed spell slots (1+spell level points) or vice versa (1 sorcery point per spell slot level).

Metamagic. When Joliet casts a spell, she can spend a sorcery point to reroll up to 5 of the damage die.

Sorcerous Origin. Joliet's power comes from wild magic. She may roll on the wild surge table after casing a spell of 1st level or higher. She can gain advantage on one attack roll, ability check, or saving throw per long rest (or after rolling on the wild surge table). When another creature makes an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw Joliet can spend 2 sorcery points to add or subtract 1d4 to the roll.

Spellcasting Joliet is a 6th-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 16, +8 to hit with spell attacks). She knows the following sorcerer spells:

Cantrip:chill touch, friends, poison spray, prestidigitation, shocking grasp
1st level spell (4 slot): expedious retreat, mage armor, witch bolt
2nd level spell (3 slot): blur, enhance ability
3rd level spell (3 slot): fireball, protection from energy

ACTIONS
Dagger. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d4 + 3

GEAR
Adamantine dagger, arcane focus (crystal), explorer's pack, two normal daggers, a scroll case stuffed full of notes from studies, a winter blanket, a set of common clothes, an herbalism kit, and 5 gp

DESCRIPTION
5'4", 110 lbs, 25, fair skin, blond hair, totally bonkers.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:13 am 
Site Admin

ARTRARIEN GALANODEL
Medium undead, chaotic evil
Wight Wizard 6 XP 14,000
Armor Class 14 (17 with mage armor)
Hit Points 50 (6d8 + 18)
Speed 30 ft.
STR 15(+2) DEX 18(+4) CON 16(+3) INT 18(+4) WIS 11(+0) CHA 12(+1)
Saving Throws Int +7, Wis +3
Skills Arcana +7, History +7, Intimidate +4, Investigation +7, Perception +3, Stealth +7
Tools (list all proficient); daggers, darts, light crossbows, longbows, longswords, quarterstaffs, shortbows, shortswords, slings
Damage Vulnerabilities radiant
Damage Resistances necrotic, bludgeoning, piercing and slashing from nonmagical weapons that are not silvered.
Damage Immunities poison
Condition Immunities exhaustion, poisoned
Senses darkvision, passive Perception 13
Languages Common, Draconic, Elvish, Gnomish, Sylvan
Background (Sage). Artrarien was a wizard's apprentice. He knows how to find lore. Personality Trait I ... speak ... slowly ... when talking to idiots, which ... almost ... everyone ... is compared...to me. Ideal Knowledge is the path to power and domination. Bond It is my duty to protect my students. Flaw I speak without really thinking through my words, invariably insulting others.

Arcane Recovery. Once per day when Artrarien finishes a short rest he can recover 3 levels' worth of spell slots.

Arcane Tradition. Artrarien is an Evoker. The gold and time he must spend to copy evocation spells into his spellbook is halved. When he casts an evocation spell he can select a number of creatures equal to 1+spell level to automatically succeed on their saving throw against it, and take no damage if they would normally take half damage on a successful save. When a creature succeeds on a saving throw against Artrarien's cantrips they still take half damage.

Fey Ancestry. Artrarien has advantage on saving throws against being charmed and cannot be put to sleep magically.

Sunlight Sensitivity. While in sunlight, Art has disadvantage on attack rolls, as well as on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight.

Trance. Artrarien does not sleep, but meditates deeply for four hours. This provides the same benefit as 8 hours of sleep for a human.

Spellcasting Artrarien is a 6th-level spellcaster. His spellcasting ability is Intelligence(spell save DC 15, +7 to hit with spell attacks). He has the following wizard spells prepared:

Cantrip:acid splash, firebolt, mending, prestidigitation, ray of frost
1st level spell (4 slots): burning hands, false life, mage armor, magic missile
2nd level spell (3 slots): enlarge/reduce, ray of enfeeblement, shatter
3rd level spell (3 slots): dispel magic, haste, lightning bolt

Spellbook: 1st level: burning hands, false life, identify, mage armor, magic missile, ray of sickness, shield, thunderwave , 2nd Level: enlarge/reduce, ray of enfeeblement, scorching ray, shatter , 3rd level: dispel magic, haste, fireball, lightning bolt

ACTIONS
Multiattack Art makes two attacks, one with his sword and one life drain.

Longsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 + 2 or 1d10 + 2 when used two-handed.

Life Drain Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) necrotic damage. The target must succeed on a DC 14 Constitution saving throw or its hit point maximum is reduced by an amount equal to the damage taken. This reduction lasts until the target finishes a long rest. The target dies if this effect reduces its hit point maximum to 0. A humanoid slain by this attack rises 24 hours later as a zombie under Art's control, unless the humanoid is restored to life or its body is destroyed. Art can have no more than twelve zombies under his control at one time.

Special Ability.

GEAR
Longsword, dagger, arcane focus (crystal), scholar's pack, spellbook, a bottle of black ink, a quill, a small knife, a letter from a dead colleague posing a question you have not yet been able to answer, a set of common clothes, and a belt pouch containing 10 gp

DESCRIPTION
6'4, 180 lbs, fair skin, black hair, intense contempt.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:43 am 

When did he become a wight?

I wish I could remember everyone's original ability score rolls. Or anyone's.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:01 am 
Site Admin

Heineken discovered that his most dreaded foe Vark had animated Ariens body during Madness in Sasserine.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:50 am 

Yeah that's pretty crazy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:25 pm 

KING BARNABAS SANTOS
Medium humanoid (human), neutral good
Human Bard 6 14,000
Armor Class 14 (leather armor)
Hit Points 43 (6d8 + 12)
Speed 30 ft.
STR 11(+0) DEX 16(+3) CON 14(+2) INT 14(+2) WIS 12(+1) CHA 18(+4)
Saving Throws Dex +6, Cha +7
Skills Acrobatics +4, Animal Handling +2, Arcana +3, Athletics +1, Deception +5, History +8, Insight +2, Intimidate +5 Investigation +3, Medicine +2, Nature +3, Perception +2, Perform +10, Persuasion +7, Religion +3, Survival +2, Sleight of Hand +6, Stealth +6
Tools disguise kit, drums, flute, mandolin, thieves' tools; light armor, medium armor, shields, simple weapons, martial weapons
Feats Defensive Duelist
Senses passive Perception 12
Languages Common, Dwarven
Urchin. Barnabas and companions can move twice as fast through a city as their speed would normally allow. List also Personality Trait I ask a lot of questions, Ideal We have to take care of each other because no one else is going to do it, Bond my city is my home and I'll fight to defend it, and Flaw it's not stealing if I need it more than someone else.

Bard College. Barnabas is a member of the College of Valor.

King of the Bullywugs. Barnabas is the undisputed King of all bullywug kind. All pay homage to their lord and master.

Song Of Rest. Barnabas can perform during a short rest, granting allied creatures who can hear them an extra 1d6 hit points if they recover any hit points at the end of the short rest.

Spellcasting Barnabas is a 6th-level spellcaster. His spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 15, +7 to hit with spell attacks). He knows the following bard spells:

Cantrip:blade ward, true strike, vicious mockery
1st level spell (4 slots): detect magic, faerie fire, healing word, heroism, Tasha's hideous laughter
2nd level spell (3 slots): lesser restoration, suggestion
3rd level spell (3 slots): sending, speak with dead

ACTIONS
Multiattack. Barnabas can make two attacks.

Rapier. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 + 3 piercing damage.

Bardic Inspiration (4 per short rest). As a bonus action Barnabas can grant a creature other than himself within 60 ft. a d8 which they can add to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw within the next 10 minutes. A creature can only benefit from one inspiration die at a time. Alternatively, they can add the die to weapon damage, or as a reaction add the rolled number to their AC against a single attack.

Countercharm. Until the end of Barnabas' next turn, any friendly creature within 30 feet who can hear his words or performance has advantage on saving throws against being charmed or frightened.

GEAR
Rapier, diplomat's pack, lute, leather armor, dagger, Crown of the Bullywug King, a small knife, a map of Sasserine, a pet mouse, a token to remember your parents by, a set of common clothes, and a belt pouch containing 10 gp

DESCRIPTION
5'8, 180 lbs, 20, fair skin, light brown hair, King of the Bullywugs.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:10 pm 

VESPA HROTHGARSDOTTR
Medium humanoid (human), lawful neutral
Human Ranger 8 XP 14,000
Armor Class 18 (scale mail, defense fighting style)
Hit Points 58 (6d10 + 18)
Speed 30 ft.
STR 18(+4) DEX 16(+3) CON 16(+3) INT 11(+0) WIS 13(+1) CHA 12(+1)
Saving Throws Str +7, Dex +6
Skills Animal Handling +4, Athletics +7, Insight +4, Intimidate +4, Survival +4
Tools flute; light armor, medium armor, shields, simple weapons, martial weapons
Feats Medium Armor Master
Senses primeval awareness, passive Perception 11
Languages Abyssal, Common, Draconic, Elvish, Sylvan
Outlander. Vespa has a good sense of landscapes and maps and can provide food for herself and five people each day. Personality Trait I watch over my friends as if they were a litter of newborn pups., Ideal I must earn glory in battle, for myself and my clan., Bond I suffer awful visions of a coming disaster and will do anything to prevent it., and Flaw Violence is my answer to almost any challenge.

Favored Enemy. Vespa has advantage on Wisdom (Survival) checks to track and Intelligence checks to recall information about humans, lizardfolk, and monstrosities.

Natural Explorer. When traveling through forests or coasts, Vespa doubles proficiency checks on trained skills made relating to the terrain, is not slowed down by difficult terrain, remains alert to danger, can move stealthily at a normal pace, can find twice as much food as normal, and can tell the exact number and size of creatures she is tracking and how long ago they passed.

Ranger Archetype. Vespa is a hunter. Once per turn she can deal 1d8 extra damage against a creature she attacked that is below maximum hit points.

Spellcasting Vespa is a 6th-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 12, +4 to hit with spell attacks). She knows the following ranger spells:

1st level spell (4 slots): animal friendship, cure wounds, hunter's mark
2nd level spell (2 slots): spike growth

ACTIONS
Multiattack. Vespa can make two attacks.

Pike. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 1d10 + 4)

Longbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, range 150/600 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 + 3)

GEAR
Scale mail, spear, greatclub, explorer's pack, longbow, 20 arrows, pike, a staff, a hunting trap, an anaconda trophy, a set of traveler's e1othes, and a belt pouch containing 10 gp

DESCRIPTION
6', 160 lbs, 22, nordic, bossy Valkyrie.