Dicefreaks

Where Flavor Meets Mechanics
It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to dicefreaks

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: The Demonologist
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:01 am 
Site Admin

Kain, in an email to the Horrors Team, December 2005 wrote:
Ok guys, here is the first draft of the Demonologist. Please review it and get back to me as soon as possible.

Demonologist
Nobles with guts, warriors with spirit these are what Demonologists are. Though this class cannot use spells there are many better abilities it can use. Usually when a person shows signs of being a Demonologist they are masters with swords, spears or staffs, and bows. These Characters can leap over enemy lines and may be mistaken for outraged fighters in battle. The reason for this is because they attack with fury.
People of riotous h! eart ! u sual! l y becom e Demonologists because they help the needy, are never hasty, and can put up with almost anybody.
NPC Demonologists may be found in huge strongholds with important officials. They may be a high-ranking officer in an army.
Hit Dice: D10
Requirements
To qualify to be a Demonologist A Character must follow the following criteria.
Race: Human, Half-Elf, Elf.
Ability Scores:
Strength: 14
Dexterity: 13
Intelligence: 12
Charisma: 14
Feats: Toughness, Quick draw.
Jump: 4 ranks
Class Skills
A Demonologists Class skills (and key ability for each skill) are Jump (Str), Craft (Int), Ride (Dex), Climb (Str), Handle Animal (Cha), Balance (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), Heal (Wis), and Use Rope (Dex).
Class Features
All of the following are the features of the class Demonologist.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: The Demonologist is Proficient with all Simple and Martial Weapons and all types of armor.

Demon Sword: The Demonologist may use various Techniques that all must be done holding a sword.

-Volcano: you attack 4 times and divide it in half then round up.

-2 handed critical hit: you perform a critical hit if you hit your enemy but you lose your shield bonus until your next round.

-1 handed critical hit: same as the 2 handed version but you keep your shield bonus.

-Hyper Quadra Demon Strike: you attack in a row four times none of these may be critical.

-Harpoon: you may use your sword for piercing damage instead of slashing Jumping

-Quadra Demon Strike: you attack four times in a row but the last hit is critical.

-Spinning Demon Strike: you attack 5 times in a row none may be critical.

-Boomerang: you may throw your sword 20 feet it will come back to you.

-Boomerang Demon Strike: same as boomerang but you may hit someone after this.

-Omni Demon Strike: you attack all enemy in a 5 foot radius of you 3 times! each th ! e 3rd hi ! t for ea ch enemy is critical.

Dog Friend:
Use the dog abilities in the Monster Manual for its status. Along with the normal dog's abilities it gains these extras.
Demonologist Level Bonus HD Natural Armor Str. Adjust Int Special
1 to 5 1 .+1 .+1 5 Empathic Link, share saving throw
5 to 10 3 .+2 .+2 7 speak with Demonologist
10 to 13 4 .+3 .+3 9
13 to 20 5 .+4 .+4 10 Command other dogs
20 + 7 .+5 .+5 12 Spell
Resistance
Demogorgon Wish: One time ever at level 20 a character may wish for one of the following
Winged Demogorgon Scale Mail: Fly at normal speed with good maneuverability protection from fire, water, and electricity damage.
Demon Scale Mail of the Deep: one element immunity. May Breath water and converse with water animals. It is also immune to pressure.
Sword of Demogorgon: Great Sword that does 3D6 + 5 damage.

Serge wrote:
What have you been smoking?

Kain wrote:
Serge, that's kind of harsh. :( What don't you like about it exactly? It took awhile to come up with this. If you could be more specific, it'd be helpful.

Serge wrote:
You're kidding, right?

Nobles with guts, warriors with spirit these are what Demonologists are. Though this class cannot use spells there are many better abilities it can use. Usually when a person shows signs of being a Demonologist they are masters with swords, spears or staffs, and bows. These Characters can leap over enemy lines and may be mistaken for outraged fighters in battle. The reason for this is because they attack with fury.
People of riotous heart usually become Demonologists because they help the needy, are never hasty, and can put up with almost anybody.
NPC Demonologists may be found in huge strongholds with important officials. They may be a high-ranking officer in an army.

What?!!! It reads like it's written by a 10 year old. "Nobles with guts?" Huh? "Outraged fighters?!" Can put up with almost anybody? What?!!! They're evil to the core, destructive, hate people, and cast spells (or at least summon demons to help them). Where in the Hell did you get this? You must have gotten this from some post at WotC...

Ability score requirements?! That's soooo 2nd.

No alignment requirement? Wow. I half expected Lawful Good.

Volcano...? Is that description supposed to make ANY sense?

I can't read on. My pressure's going up.

This isn't April! It's the middle of freakin' December!

Kain wrote:
Hmm. Well I suppose I could revise the flavor text. I was trying for a more "primal" feel with the class. I wanted to emphasize the violence of the demon. I didn't mean to put help the needy though...that should have been hurt the needy. As for putting up with anybody, that's like, you know, how the demonologist is sneaky and crafty. The demon is a crafty and violent being. I figured this subtly emphasized it.

I forgot the alignment requirement, but of course it was Chaotic Evil.

Volcano...its like a metaphor for the fury within a demon's being. As for how it works, its self explanatory. You attack 4 times, divide the damage by 2 and round any .5's up. That's the damage. So like, if the demonologist attacked 4 times and got 4, 5, 3, and 5 points of damage, you would total the damage (17) then divide by 2 (8.5) and round up (9). Not that hard. But this ability emphasizes the fury and the futility of the demonologist....he shows great rage (4 attacks!) but it is wasted (divide by 2).

If there was anything else you didn't understand, Serge, I can explain it. :(

Serge wrote:
This is a joke. It has to be a joke. There's nothing else this could be than a joke.

Kain wrote:
Ok, Serge, I get it...you don't really like the class. You don't have to be so...mean about it. What would you change to make it better? Do you think the dog friend should be replaced with perhaps a quasit friend? I was thinking that the dog worked well with the idea that animals can sense demons better than people, but I can understand how it might be better accepted with a "familiar" rather than a dog friend.

What about the other demon sword abilities? Like boomerang? Does it need a more "fierce" sounding name?

Serge wrote:
Rot in Hell. You rot in Hell you lousy, obnoxious bastard! ROT! ROT ROT ROT ROT ROT!

This isn't real and you ROT!

F*****G dog friend my ass!

Post subject: Re: The Demonologist
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:20 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, I remember this BS.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:58 pm 

I'll never forget the posts after this:

[quote="Kain Darkwind"]Now, all I have to do is wait until he murders me for screwing with his emotions like this.

[quote="TheSerge"]You son of a *****.
If Azario were still with us he could start the riotous hearts club band.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:45 am 
Site Admin

WarDragon wrote:
I'll never forget the posts after this:

Kain Darkwind wrote:
Now, all I have to do is wait until he murders me for screwing with his emotions like this.

TheSerge wrote:
You son of a bitch. :evil:

Kain Darkwind wrote:
:lol:

Thanks, Kain. I needed that laugh.

Oh man, that's great. I just reposted this from my emails. I didn't have the old site responses.