Dicefreaks

Where Flavor Meets Mechanics
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to dicefreaks

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Question regarding Infernal Knights
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:43 pm 

In the section of Chapter 9 regarding the Lords and their cults the following reference is made
Quote:
A select few honored petitioners
are transformed into unique devils; they gain unique
forms of their choosing and are knighted (see Chapter 4).

This implies that further details regarding infernal knighthood (presumably mechanical benefits) can be found in chapter 4 (Devils for Dicefreaks), however no such further information exists in that Chapter.

Was this something that was planned but never included? Would anyone be able to provide me with any information on what was intended for this section?

Post subject: Re: Question regarding Infernal Knights
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:13 am 
Site Admin

That's a good question, and it is so long ago, I don't remember what the answer is. Is it possible that the knights are talked about in a different chapter?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:39 pm 

The only reference I've found apart from the one quoted in my previous post was a list of the infernal knightly orders in chapter 9 (and in some of the stat blocks elsewhere in the gates of hell where certain devils were noted as belonging to certain orders).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:36 pm 
Site Admin

Thinking back to soooooo long ago when I wrote the information on infernal knights, I think the idea was just to recognize that there were special recognitions issued by the Dark Ministry, the Perditions, and Asmodeus himself for devils who achieved great success. I think the reference to Chapter 4 was due to having some devils assigned these knightings being listed, but nothing more since an actual mechanical benefit. I suppose we could have created a template to place in Chapter 4, but I don't recall that ever begin discussed. I recall it was just for flavor.

As for the knightly orders entry in in the appendices after Chapter 9, the idea was to recognize that there were different ranks of service in Hell to further break out the differences among pit fiends and other high-ranking common devils. Again, the motivation was flavor.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:01 pm 

Thanks for answering Serge.