Dicefreaks

Where Flavor Meets Mechanics
It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to dicefreaks

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: The Wages of Sin
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:29 am 
Site Admin

Lucavi has 16,902 gp. His player cares almost nothing for any of it, so if you are short on something you want, feel free to take out a loan.

That said, if Ballinger or the Blade of Balin could be enchanted, I'm game. Any of the following enhancements are of some interest.

+1 - merciful, ghost touch, corrosive, valiant, cruel, vicious
+2 - unholy, axiomatic, defiant, corrosive burst

Ideally, we go with Balin's blade as more heroic type stuff, and with Ballinger as more dreadlord themed.
+1 costs 1500 gp, +2 costs 6000 gp and +3 costs 13500 gp.

For armor, I'm currently wearing +1 dastard full plate. I would like warding on it eventually. (+3750 gp)
For a shield, I'm currently using a +1 heavy steel shield. I would like arrow deflection on it eventually. (+6000 gp)

Also, any items that improve my saving throws, give me more saving throws, let me take damage for others, provide energy resistance, fast healing, etc, are welcome.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: The Wages of Sin
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 6:56 am 
Site Admin

Lucavi also approaches Puella regarding Duskblight's corpse, to see if a skeletal steed or zombie steed might be in the works.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 3:37 pm 

Puella reviews the possibilities for her friend.

(She can create a skeletal horse, although a mural based nightmare might be a better bet. Even with desecration, a 13 hp skeletal horse might be kind of tissue papery.

17 hp bloody skeletal horse, with fast healing 1, could maybe hold up a little. Fast zombie skeletal horse has 30 hp, but is more fragile in other ways.

If you want this, all I need is a victim for death knell, since Puella is otherwise at her caster level based limit for animate dead.)

-----------------

Puella will enchant Ballinger as a +1 cruel weapon. She will enchant Lucavi's armor with the warding property. She will impregnate Lucavi's cloak of resistance +1 with a deep crimson dye, which the Knot of Thorns can neither confirm nor deny is created from the blood of a certain celestial, and which in any case will increase its defense to +2.

That'll use up 12,000. She is capable of making all associated DCs taking 10, and does so, and crafting will take 12 days' work, which begins after the battle with Calliaste and through the following two weeks. Sundays off. :P

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:23 am 
Site Admin

As a temporary bonus, death knell's boost would eventually wear off and cause you to have to choose which undead to release. I can wait on that, Duskblight's service is not yet at an end.

And I was thinking that someone else would want the nightmare.

As for the first sword, do you think that perhaps the +1 merciful Blade of Balin would be a better choice? Based on how many prisoners we like to take, for torture, execution or conversion, +4 attack, +1d6 damage seems pretty sweet. Most foes immune to nonlethal are also immune to mind-affecting and thus fear. If that is not a convincing argument though, I will leave the choice to you, it is an OOC concern, and Lucavi will be happy over either blade.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:51 am 

Heh. Yeah, that was one of the two top remaining choice also. I tried to fit in both a +1 cruel and a +1 merciful weapon. Both useful for capture (through lowering saves or through straight damage). I'm fine with the +1 merciful being the one that makes the cut, we'll go with that. Same price.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:58 pm 

Co-opting Kain's thread for Gaerlan's wishlist. In no particular order.

Boots of Speed (12,000)
Celestial Armor (22,400 - waiting on smith)
Celestial Shield (13,170)
Cloak of Resistance +2 (4,000)
Mnemonic Vestment (5,000, preferably in a ring)
Something of the Fortunate Soldier (5,000)

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:26 pm 

Whatever you put the Fortunate Soldier on, it has to be equally ridiculous looking to a conical iron hat.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:29 pm 
Site Admin

WarDragon wrote:
Whatever you put the Fortunate Soldier on, it has to be equally ridiculous looking to a conical iron hat.

I approve this, along with the ridiculous goggles Kat has to wear.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:26 pm 

Puella has spent 12 days crafting for Lucavi, 8 days crafting for herself, and some, as yet undefined time crafting for Grumble since arriving at the Horn. At 3 weeks before the ritual and 8 after, that makes 77 days we've been here as of Week 8.

So there's up to 57 crafting days available. Minus a few for interruptions and combats, And, she's been working on a few projects, instilling the minions with discipline and upright moral values and that sort of stuff, so we'll call it, say, 30 days of crafting time still available?

Gaer, the mnemonic vestment and the Fortunate are out of reach of Puella's Spellcraft for now (+16 Spellcraft with her repository, compared to DC 30 for the headgear and 32 for the vestment). She can craft either or both of the celestial items in time for you to have them for our next game, so if you want either them just mark off 75% value and let me know.

Luc, due to the destruction of several skeletal minions in the most recent attack, Puella can create that bloody skeleton steed for you if you like. Not sure if you still want it, what with contemplating retirement.

Teeg, let me know if you'd like any items made for you. Also, unless you don't want that 17k loot split from April, it might be a good idea to add it to your sheet sometime.

If you do, in fact, not want it, I'll gladly find it a good home.

Report this post