Dicefreaks

Where Flavor Meets Mechanics
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to dicefreaks

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Which Witch? (Week 16, WD, Coriat)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:19 am 

Irulen brings forth the old witch woman from Farholde to Puella for inspection and introduction. She is asked for, among other things, her name, history, experience, and a demonstration of her abilities.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Which Witch? (Week 16, WD, Coriat)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:03 pm 

"Do you need a subject?" Puella gestures and a slave steps forth.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:08 am 

"Everyone calls me Old Magda... I was a member of the Sons, back before Markadian wiped them out. Only survived because I was in town when he attacked. Lived there ever since, fixing problems folks were too embarrassed to go to the priests for. Nobody couldn't ever prove nothing about me, but never trusted me neither."

"I'm rusty at the higher circles, but..." Magda mutters a curse, and the slave falls to the ground in deep slumber.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:26 am 

A small smile. Not perhaps the same force as the mental hammer-blows that Puella has learned to deal, but the witch can appreciate a good trick when she sees one.

"We have work off the battlefield. Magical research. Development of new dweomers, researching the names of fiends, and other tasks along these lines. They are necessary duties. Or... There are also more direct roles, working with the soldiery or with our domestic overseers."

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:25 pm 

"Hmph. I'm too old and too short of patience to be running around with soldiers, or babysitting youngsters who don't know which end of a broom to hold. Who's in charge of your books?"

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:39 pm 

"Good. I will need the names of fiends in particular, in the days to come. I will have an introduction to Herr Schmidt written for you." A scribe, hearing, goes to work immediately. "I would go with you myself, but..." Puella gestures towards the door. No less than three others have queued to see the witch, even in the short time they have been speaking.

No rest for the wicked.

"Instruct Herr Schmidt that he is to give Miss Magda free access to the libraries. Also opportunities to hone her craft in practice, and the help of any research assistants she should wish." Puella turns from giving instructions to the scribe back to Old Magda.

Puella's scarred mask sits on her desk... quiet, for the moment, but a heavy presence, seeming to pull the room's lamplight towards it and throb with the dormant power of witchcraft held within. Power... and danger, and fear. Even when the witch is not wearing it, now, sometimes the Ivory Mask seems to spark faintly with a dark life of its own, and the engraved scars seem to have grown deeper and worse since Gaerlan first laid eyes on the it, all those months ago in Branderscar. Perhaps only to match the witch's own body. Even now, the barest hint of red light seems to be awakening deep within the shadowed, empty eyes...

Puella's voice interrupts with a jolt.

"Do you crave any other boon?"

Report this post