Dicefreaks

Where Flavor Meets Mechanics
It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to dicefreaks

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shattered Star Feedback
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:30 pm 

Kain Darkwind wrote:
I disagree. They readied on him, he didn't trick them into readying on him. Also, it appears he did have a spell to cast, he simply observed the obvious trigger and chose, logically, to not trigger it. If they don't ready on him (like they do the next round), he casts the spell.

That's not Bluff so much as reacting logically to your foes' actions. Now, from a DM standpoint, you can adjust this to not be quite so obvious. The twitchy one, for instance, readies an action to fire if he moves at all (takes a move or standard action). The one who wants to time his shot right holds off and triggers on a spell cast. The fair minded one triggers on 'takes a hostile action'.

Now, if the wizard casts a spell, these all go off. If the wizard charges his foe, only two get shots off. If the wizard drinks a potion, Twitchy fires.

This probably isn't how I'd run it the first time though, but with experienced players (ala Sean), absolutely. The varied triggers adds potential for RP/personality development, and also keeps a tactic from being too overpowered while still providing it with some point (you still suck up one and possibly two people's rounds, all three if you just stand there).

We're mostly on the same page, and if it was a tactic that was used constantly, I'd get more aggressive about how I had foes ready actions to be more dangerous. That said, generally the first time you try something I'm pretty inclined to let it work fairly well (or in this case, very well) because I appreciate seeing new tactics and strategies used.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:44 pm 
Site Admin

Aluroon wrote:
That said, generally the first time you try something I'm pretty inclined to let it work fairly well (or in this case, very well) because I appreciate seeing new tactics and strategies used.

Same. Even if they screw up what I had planned.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:29 am 

As some of you can tell, I intend on starting this game up again, likely in early December. I'm curious as to what people's schedules look like, and what interest exists for it.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

Looking forward to seeing the legend of Kari the Magic Man continue.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:11 pm 

Currently, my weekend schedule for the foreseeable future looks like this:
Sunday, November 27th: The House on Hook Street (Sunday Group)
Saturday, December 3rd: The House on Hook Street (Saturday Group)
Sunday, December 11th: The House on Hook Street (Sunday Group)
Saturday, December 17th: The House on Hook Street (Saturday Group)

And so on.

Ideally, WotW is either moved to Saturdays adjacent the Sunday group (November 26th, December 10th), or Sundays adjacent the Saturday group (December 4th, December 18th), with Shattered Star taking the other slot, if possible for all interested parties.

I am probably not available for gaming regularly on weekdays.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:59 am 

Kain Darkwind wrote:
Looking forward to seeing the legend of Kari the Magic Man continue.

Heh, me too.

I should be available weekend nights that don't conflict with Wicked. Weekdays I get home at a variable but often fairly late hour, so they might not work out well.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:31 am 

Alternating weeks with Wicked, in the same time slot, would work for me. Saturdays are not good for me, unfortunately.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:33 pm 

My grandmother died earlier today. At this point funeral details are not yet set, but you're not likely to see me this week.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:08 pm 

My condolences, Coriat.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:34 am 
Site Admin

Sorry to hear that, Sean. There's no good time to say goodbye.

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next