Dicefreaks

Where Flavor Meets Mechanics
It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 10:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to dicefreaks

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Re: The Knot Hibernal (Week 18)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:02 am 

"You hypoc-" Elise's invective is cut off mid word as Puella's barrage of powers places her mind in thrall.

-----------------------------

Trik swallows, nervously. "You weren't lying, about being harsh. Those are the sort of deeds of which legends are made. It says a great deal of the magnitude of my shame, I suppose..."

"Pending the approval of our superior in the Church of Asmodeus, I accept your terms. What do you wish of me?"

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:15 am 

Elise feels her chains loosed.

~Get up. There is work to do~

-------------------------

"In some days' time I will send you back to Farholde. We need eyes and ears there, Titus, more so than ever since we can no longer count on the aid of the Hibernian. You shall work with one of our other agents, whom I will introduce to you. I expect you to warn us of every party that passes through Farholde henceforth."

"I understand from our earlier conversations that you have found it diverting to abduct, torture, and murder women of the night, and other such unfortunates?"

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:21 am 

Trik nods at Puella's instructions. "Diverting is... not the word I would use. Yes, I have killed more than were strictly needed for Elise's terror tactics... but all of them were for the glory of the Lord. Even the lowliest of the low can have use, if it is one more soul for His kingdom, and one less for His foes."

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:36 am 

"That may be true, but you also know that whomsoever may be taught in this life to serve the King in the next is worth a hundred untempered sacrificies. And while your previous position allowed self-reward and even self-indulgence, your new rank does not. So I lay this charge upon you. There will be no more such murders in Farholde. Indeed, you will not so much as raise your hand to any man or woman of the city unless you can articulate exactly how doing so shall aid the cause of the King. Is that understood?"

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:57 am 

He swallows again. "That... may be difficult, given how anxious the town is, of late. I hope that the threat of discovery will be considered adequate cause? Still, I shall exercise my utmost powers of self-restraint and discretion."

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:41 pm 

Puella only looks at him. Apparently he will have to make that determination for himself.

"You will accompany Gaerlan to Farholde next time he rides there. I expect you will have four days in the meantime. You have the liberty of the first and second floors. You may visit your former companions if you wish, but the one was Elise's dog is now my man. Call him Anthelme, and do not trouble him by remembering to him a name and a past that are dead."

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:51 am 

"As you wish."

Trik stands and dusts himself off, more from force of habit than any real care for his appearance at the moment. "Dostan, or Anthelme, or whomever he may be, can rot for all I care, as can Elise. But... I must make one last attempt to talk my brother out of his folly, or at least to see him one last time. What fate do you have in mind for him, my lady?"

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:56 pm 

"Your brother's sentence has yet to be determined. It is Gaerlan who will pronounce it."

Puella nods to Triks request, and leads the priest through the corridors and prison rooms of the Horn till they reach a stout iron-banded door. Dead soldiers bar the way, but step aside silently at Puella's command. The witch holds a lantern up to the barred slat, casting a thin beam of light on the shadowed figure chained to the wall inside, and then, satisfied that all is well, her key rattles in the lock.

"Tallus is within."

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:49 pm 

Titus nods and enters the room, closing the door behind him. He emerges, more than an hour later, looking exhausted. If Puella is still waiting, he merely shakes his head.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:31 pm 

"What then do you think we should do with him? Use Elise to gain his loyalty? Enforce his service with magic? Pronounce sentence of death in the Cardinal's name? Hold him prisoner till our father can judge him personally - when I expect he would get death all the same, if his attitude does not change?"

Puella walks with Trik still as they leave the dark prison room behind.

"Gaerlan will pronounce the sentence, but I will heed your recommendation when I make my own."

Report this post