Dicefreaks

Where Flavor Meets Mechanics
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to dicefreaks

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Re: The Knot Hibernal (Week 18)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:51 pm 

Trik is silent for a long moment. When he speaks, it is slowly and with great solemnity. "Using Elise won't work. He would never believe that you would discard her out of hand, especially after Gaerlan's proclamations during the fight. Nor would he believe - and frankly, neither do I - that she would cooperate of her own will. He'd rather impress her by scheming to win her free. Magic would work on him as well as the next stubborn man, I suppose, but you would have to keep the spells up continually, and he'll fight them any way he can. Technically, it is Cardinal Thorn's right to pass judgement... but I cannot think you're wrong about how our master will decide, and by all but the strictest readings of church law, you are within your rights to decide and carry out sentence."

"I think..." The priest's voice breaks. He shuts his eyes, and goes on, as if each word were a piece of broken glass forcing itself out of his throat. "I think that death is the safest way of dealing with him. And perhaps more merciful than keeping him alive with false hope."

Report this post

Post subject: Re: The Knot Hibernal (Week 18)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:25 pm 

"I never said anything about Elise's free will, Titus. There are many possibilities. I could, for example, make her give herself to him. Elise cannot wait to open her legs for all sorts of men, it seems - it is hardly a command she would resist." The priest detects a certain harsh note in his priestess's voice. "Or with a thought I could force her to come here and explain to Tallus exactly how she really feels about him. How she whored herself to Gaerlan, to the Baron, to the Lord knows who else, all while your brother thought he was her true love. Have you considered that possibility?"

Puella waves a hand.

"But you have given your recommendation, and I shall convey it to Gaerlan."

The witch does so in a missive later that day - adding a note that Trik is pushing hard for his brother's death, and that she expects he is doing so in order to prove his loyalty.

Report this post