Dicefreaks

Where Flavor Meets Mechanics
It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to dicefreaks

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: The Weary Grave: Seeds of Hate
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:20 pm 

[Full thread to be reposted]

Quote:
Sandrine smiles sweetly, moving towards the diminutive child killer. Her hips sway in a way that might be seductive to another, though whether it is conscious or unconscious is unclear. "My dear Balardt, why wouldn't you tell me? The worst that could come of it is the betrayal to your master - reporting you've damaged the Mezzanine. That's something I could relate whether you tell me the details or not. On the other hand... I'm unsympathetic to your plight, and perhaps, just maybe, I could aid you in this fiasco. It would suit my own desires more to have you owe me a favor than to burn you to your uncaring master. Similarly, I would rather see this fixed in the here and now than wait for them to get around to it." She reaches Ulrich's prostate form and gently reaches down to caress his cheek with one hand.

"Was this really necessary?"
One hand plays ideally across the stake in his chest. She seemingly pays no attention to the implied threat from the rival archmage.

OOC: 29 Diplomacy, Bluff 56 for her lie about her belief of what Balardt has done.

Quote:
Beset with the vampiress's cutting words and casually seductive bearing, a mere human would fawn... but one of the hard-hearted and strong-minded Vrayy Beschracht is not so easily swain. Balardt merely offers Sandrine a nasty smile.

"My sire doesn't give a **** what I do to the Abattis Cathexis. She doesn't use it. You go and waste her time with that. Maybe she'll send you to one of the nicer hells."

The small vampire taps his chin in mock thought. "But you're interested in going somewhere else, aren't you, Sandrine? That's why you're here. Well, I'll tell you this much about what I'm doing. Nobody uses the portal while I'm working on it. And I'm not going anywhere. Not for a good long while."

"If you want passage through, you'll have offer me something. Favors, spells, whatever. It had better be good. I've spent a while on this, and I'm not doing it all over again for cantrips."

At Sandrine's question, Balardt spares a glance at the third Vicar as if noticing him for the first time. "Oh, Ulrich there?" The ageless boy's face is a picture of dismissive contempt. "He brought it on himself, really. Wanted to use the portal and wasn't amenable to my terms. Little cocksucker always was asking for it."

OOC: While you failed the Diplomacy check against Balardt, you actually didn't need to Bluff about having something to tattle over. Sandrine is aware the Abattis sees weekly shipments of feeding slaves, spell components, food (for the human servants), cleaning supplies, tools, materials for the wizards' projects, and a hundred other such amenities necessary to keep a populated wizards' tower running. All of which go through the Abattis Cathexis. Seeing those stop would make all the Vrayy Beschracht's lives inconvenient, though it would take time (likely several days minimum) for a Cardinal to request 10 lbs of onyx, find it out it's unavailable due to an "embargo," and solve the Balardt problem. Thus, you could attempt to rat him out (to any Cardinal, not just his master--remind me if there's any you're unfamiliar with), though it would take some persuasion. Most don't like uninvited visitors or being disturbed from their studies.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: The Weary Grave: Seeds of Hate
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:27 pm 

Sandrine's smile doesn't slip, though her tone changes, "You think I've forgotten how the game is played? No my dear, I've forgotten nothing. I'm simply trying to save your pride. You're trying to set up the Mezzanine to either dismember someone or dump them somewhere else when it is used. Whether your sire or another I don't really care, but I do appreciate what is a devilish little idea. No doubt it's been attempted before - which is why you are running into so many problems with it - but I have little doubt that you will discover a means to make it work given enough time." Her eyes shift from Ulrich to Balardt very quickly, "The question is, will you have that time, and will it matter that you did? A plan like that only works as long as the victim is unaware of such tampering, and it would be a shame if word were to get out..."

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:59 am 

A cruel gleam lights up Balardt's eyes. "Word isn't getting out, Sandrine. You've just made certain of that."

The tiny vampire floats upwards, putting him at eye level with the other Vicar. Slaves shrink back against the walls.

"So typical for your kind. Threatening to go tattle. You apperceptors are pathetic. You spend your existences staring into pools and crystal balls, hoping you'll ingratiate the powerful with what you find. That's what your blind wreck of a sire does, isn't it? The Stirge-King's *****. Spends all night whispering in his ear. Too weak to even drink blood on his own. Too weak to do anything but kill apprentices he keeps so ignorant it's like slaughtering sheep."

Balardt shakes his head in mock ruefulness. "Well, here's a lesson about the Art your sire hasn't taught you. Any halfwit can look into a scrying pool. Being an apperceptor takes barely more than being literate. To be a manifestor, to call things out of the Abyss and make them your slaves, you need real power. Our magic has as little in common as those things do," Balardt waves a hand at the naked humans huddled in the corner, "with Hathrans."

"So let me state this for you nice and simple, Sandrine, if you haven't figured it out. Threaten me and I'll **** you. You don't have the power to back up your words. You so much as think about running off to a Cardinal and I'll have you on your knees with your ***** lips wrapped around a demon's shaft."
Balardt sneers. "I hear you've been so scared of them after that accident with the glabrezu you'll only bind devils."

"Last chance now, Sandrine. You make it worth my while to send you on your merry little way... wherever, out of the Abattis, or you learn just how fucking stupid it is to cross your betters. Either way, you're not shooting your mouth off to anyone. Pick wrong though and you might have a demon shooting into it."

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:31 pm 

"Ok Baldart." Sandrine smiles viciously.

OOC: Sandrine is about to take an action that could be considered offensive (unstaking Ulrich), so I'm going to go ahead and roll initiative here. 1d20+15=16

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:59 am 

Humans scream and recoil as two fateful words drive their vampiric masters to violence. Balardt is faster. The diminutive Vicar offers Sandrine an arrogant smirk and vanishes into thin air. The vampiress's spell-enhanced sight picks up a swirl of shimmering colors before her foe is gone.

OOC: You actually pre-rolled initiative for me on the previous site and got a 21 (we'll use the 16 for your next combat), but it's moot since Balardt rolled higher. Your arcane sight detects a spell of moderate conjuration. Balardt's other magic auras have disappeared with him.

It's now your turn. Unstaking Ulrich is a full-round action, which a DC 15 Strength check can reduce to a standard action and a DC 20 check to a move action.

Based on your earlier post, you are currently adjacent to Ulrich. The nearest slave is 20' west of you, and is the top right-most part of a crowded human mass 4 people long and 10 people wide (a number of which have been killed by Balardt). 10 blood golems are forming a rough half-circle around the Abattis Cathexis to keep the slaves contained. You are also inside the golem's half-circle, with the nearest one being 10' east of you. They are all spaced 5' or 10' away from each other, such that no slave can leave without provoking an AoO from one or both golems. Let me know if you need the info on them reposted.

Finally, as a general refresher, lighting conditions are dim light and the entire hall is 200' wide. Its length and height go on further than you can see. The Abattis Cathexis is 20' wide and 80' tall. Ulrich is 5' below its east-most corner. You are 5' south and 5' east of Ulrich. Balardt was 5' west of Ulrich before he disappeared.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:12 pm 

The biggest thing I need reposted is my list of buffs - I lost that information in the move.

Report this post