Dicefreaks

Where Flavor Meets Mechanics
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to dicefreaks

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Way of the Wicked character thread
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:28 am 

Post your villains here.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Way of the Wicked character thread
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:13 am 

Gaerlan Cimo

“Gaerlan Cimo is one of the more dangerous men I have ever apprehended. Though I arrested him initially on charges of consorting with dark powers, blasphemy, and desecration of a holy site, I now believe him to have been responsible for at least four murders, including his own parents (at the age of twelve) and one of his fellow initiates during his religious training while a ward of the church. Every time I delve deeper into his past I find more horror and darkness. I dare not look any further. He is highly intelligent, extremely manipulative, and narcissistic to the extreme. He has no morals, nothing is forbidden or taboo. I shudder to think what he might have accomplished if given more time - we turned him into a formidable enough killer as it stands. I recommend the utmost caution when dealing with him. See him off to his end swiftly, that the people be saved from his wickedness and that we all might sleep better at night.”
  • Sir Balin of Karfeld

“Ask yourself whether the dream of heaven and greatness should be waiting for us in our graves - or whether it should be ours here and now and on this earth. To do otherwise is to beg the simplest of questions: if heaven is all that was promised to you, why don't you pray for death?”
  • Gaerlan Cimo

Gaerlan Cimo
Male Human
Antipaladin2/Oracle8

LE Medium Humanoid (Human)
Init
-1 (-1 Dex); Perception +12, Darkvision 60ft.
Languages Abyssal, Celestial, Common, Infernal
Aura Aura of Cowardice (-4 vs. fear), Aura of Evil (Strong), Undetectable Alignment

AC 35, touch 19, flat-footed 28, combat 27
(+9 armor, +7 Charisma, +2 deflection, +3 natural, +4 shield)
hp 129 (2d10+8d8+61)
Immune Black Blood, Petrification
Special Defenses Healed by negative energy, Plague Bringer, 1/day reroll failed save
Weaknesses Harmed by positive energy, Legalistic (sickened if breaks word)
Fort +16, Ref +19, Will +21

Speed 30ft.
Melee Blade of Balin +15/+10 (1d8 + 7 + 1d6 nonlethal)
Melee Blacktongue +17/+12 (1d10 + 9 + 2d6) vs. humans
Melee masterwork dagger +15/+10 (1d4 + 6)
Melee shortsword +14/+9 (1d6 + 6)
Melee unarmed strike +14/+9 (1d3 + 6)
Space 5ft.; Reach 5ft.
Base Atk +8; Combat +14 (+15 to grapple)
Attack Options Power Attack (-3/+6 or -3/+9)
Special Actions channel energy (2d6, DC 19, 2 uses of corruption), cruelty (shaken, 4 rounds, DC 19), smite good (2/day, +7/+4/+7), vow (1/day, +4 morale on 1 roll trying to fulfill a promise), touch of corruption (9/day, 2d6, swift action self, standard action other)
Combat Gear boots of speed (free, 10 rounds haste), extract of bear's endurance x2, extract of enlarge person x2, potion of bulls strength x3, oil of magic weapon, scroll of blood money x5, acid x2, arrows x40, flask of oil x5

Antipaladin Spells Prepared (Caster Level 10th, Concentration +17)
1st (8/day) – bane (DC 18), death knell (DC 18), disguise self x2, litany of sloth (DC 18), litany of weakness x2, summon monster I

Oracles Spells Known (Caster level 10th, Concentration +17)
5th (6/day) – contact other plane, flamestrike (DC 22), mass inflict light wounds (DC 22)
4th (6/day) – aura of doom (DC 21), blessing of fervor, cure critical wounds (DC 21) inflict critical wounds (DC 21), legend lore
3rd (8/day) – animate dead, aura of cannibalism (DC 20), bestow curse (DC 20), channel vigor, dispel magic, inflict serious wounds (DC 20), stone shape
2nd (8/day) – augury, bull’s strength, inflict moderate wounds (DC 19), instant weapon, lesser restoration, oracle's burden (DC 19), undetectable alignment, zone of truth (DC 19)
1st (8/day) – command (DC 18), comprehend languages, cure light wounds, divine favor, endure elements, ill omen (DC 17), inflict light wounds (DC 18), magic weapon, protection from good
0th (unlimited) – create water, detect magic, light, mending, spark, stabilize

Spell-like Abilities (Caster level 10th)
At will – detect good, detect good (single creature, move action)

SQ Ambition, dual talent, revelations (darkvision, focused trance, mental acuity, sidestep secret) unholy resilience
Abilities Str 22, Dex 9, Con 12, Int 19, Wis 14, Cha 25 (21)
Feats Extra Traits (Accelerated Drinker & Fate's Favored), Leadership (19), Power Attack, Quicken Spell, Toughness, Unholy Scion (Twice-Chosen)
Traits Accelerated Drinker, Consorting with Dark Powers, Fate's Favored, Second Chance, Wear Your Armor as a Second Skin
Skills Appraise +9, Athletics +6, Bluff +19, Craft (trapmaking) +8, Diplomacy +20 (+23 individual), Disguise +15 (+25 with circlet), Handle Animal +12, Heal +7, Intimidate +17 (+20 individual), Knowledge (arcane) +8, Knowledge (history) +11, Knowledge (nobility) +9, Knowledge (religion) +17, Knowledge (the planes) +15, Perception +12, Perform (dance) +8, Ride +2, Sense Motive +15 (+18 individual), Spellcraft +14, Stealth +3, Use Magic Device +14
Possessions +2 heavy steel shield, amulet of natural armor +3, amulet of proof against petrification, armbands of the brawler, Blade of Balin, Blacktongue, celestial armor (mithril), cloak of resistance +3, iron circlet of disguise self and charisma +4, ring of protection +2, ring of revelation (automatic writing), veil of useful items, backpack, masterwork bandier, masterwork ******* sword, courter’s outfit, dagger, horn*, ink x2, kitchen knife, longbow*, longsword*, masterwork dagger x8 (marking him as a Knight of the Alerion, Balin's, Havelyn's), notebook, pen x2, rope 50ft., shortsword, silver holy symbol of Asmodeus, soap, torch x5, trail rations x5, vial x2, waterproof bag, waterskin, whetstone, 38,715, 10,000gp worth of emeralds
Noncombat Courtier's outfit x10, courtier's outfit x10 (Myrtle), hand-illuminated Mitran holy text (50gp), Havelyn’s Bible, small silver statuette of a nude mermaid, ornate masterpiece four-poster bed (2,500gp), 550 gp worth of exquisite jewelry (Calliaste), 600gp worth of various jewelry, 4 Knot Made Iron Circlets
Inherent +1 DC Touch of Corruption & Channel Energy
Villain Points 3
*Marked with heraldry of House Darius

Gaerlan is proficient with all simple and martial weapons, with the ******* sword, with all types of armor, and with shields (except tower shields).

Automatic Writing (Su) Once per day Gaerlan as part of 1 hour of uninterrupted mediation, Gaerlan can produce the effects of an augury (90%), divination (90%), or commune spell. This does not require any material component.

Darkvision (Ex) Gaerlan has darkvision with a range of 60ft.

Focused Trance (Ex) Up to 7/day, Gaerlan may enter a deep meditation lasting 1d6 rounds. During this time he can only take move actions but gains a +8 bonus on all saves against sonic effects and gaze attacks. When he exits the trance he may make a single Intelligence-based skill check with a +20 bonus.

Mental Acuity (Ex) At 8th level, and every three levels thereafter, Gaerlan's intelligence score increases by 1.

Plague Bringer (Ex) Gaerlan takes no damage or penalty from diseases, though he may still contract and spread them to others.

Sidestep Secret (Su) Gaerlan uses his Charisma modifier in place of his Dexterity modifier for calculating his armor class and reflex saving throw.

Unholy Resilience (Su) Gaerlan adds his Charisma modifier to all saving throws.

Possessions

Blacktongue
Blacktongue is a +1 Human Bane Spell Storing ******* Sword forced by Yorgun the Smith and enchanted by Irulen the Red. The blade, though common steel, is stained a glossy black to match the finely oiled black leather of the hilt. It typically carries an vampiric touch (4d6) spell.

The Blade of Balin
The Blade of Balin is a +1 merciful longsword taken from the famous witchhunter Sir Balin of Karfeld. Enchanted by the Red Witch to better serve Lucavi Delacroix, the blade passed into Gaerlan's hands when Lucavi was entered into the care of Cardinal Thorn, and has been wielded by him ever since.

Last edited by Aluroon on Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:26 pm, edited 42 times in total.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:40 am 
Site Admin

She was young and beautiful. I was immediately in love.

I am not the most intelligent of men. I cannot compose poetry, nor forge gold bands. I do not trade goods, nor herd cattle. Nor am I a thief, taking that which others have toiled for. What I have is a pure heart. A true heart. When I seek to lay it before one who is worthy, there is no force in the world that can bend my loyalty away. She knows.

The circumstances of my birth were...unusual, to say the least. My parents did not recognize the marks of beauty upon my newborn flesh as such, holding to more puritanical views of that which is attractive. I forgive them for it, for they were products of their upbringing, just as we are all. There is divinity in forgiveness. For all of us.

I was very young when I realized I was going to be a paladin, a holy knight and avenger of wrongs. Within shining armor, my beautiful skin is seen as a badge of honor. No one questions the helmed hero about the mark across his eye, or neck, or down his back. My honor was unbreakable, even at that early age. My courage, unassailable. I caught her eye even then. Or perhaps we caught each others, for surely I was ensnared as any game in the forest.

I excelled in woodcraft, in riding, in all things a squire must be. I was first to volunteer and last to quit the training field. There were nervous mutters about my beauty, but base racism and prejudice finds poor soil in the heart of a paladin. I was given the chance to prove myself. To them, to holy Mitra and to all who would look upon me in disdain. To her.

She came to me on the night before my vows. It was not sacrilege, but consummation of those vows which brought us together, over and over again that night. We worshiped holy Mitra in each other beneath the full moon. She sought to become me, and I sought to become her. Our hearts were as one flesh, and when she left, chaste tears (for no matter what love we experience, she shall ever remain innocent and pure in my eyes, a blushing virgin each and every time) were my only remembrance of the occasion.

"I think of her always, even now." The scarred youth smiles at you.

Lucavi Delacroix (CR 5)
Male tiefling samurai 6/fighter 1 (XP 9775)
LE Medium outsider (native)
Init
+0; Senses Darkvision; Perception +2
Aura fell presence (-2 vs fear, 60 ft.)
Languages Boggard, Common, Elven, Infernal

AC 25, touch 10, flat-footed 25, combat 21
(+10 armor, +2 natural, +3 shield)
hp 119 (7d10 + 49 + 1)
Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5
Fort +14, Ref +4, Will +8; (+2 vs cold, elec, fire); Iron Will

Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in full plate)
Melee Blade of Balin +14/+9 (1d8 + 6 plus 1d6 nonlethal /19-20) or
2 claws +12 (1d4 + 5) or
Ballinger +14/+9 (1d8 + 5 /19-20)
trident +13/+8 (1d8 + 6 /x3) or
dagger +13/+8 (1d4 + 6 /19-20) or
lance +15 (1d8 + 7 /x3) or
warhammer +12/+7 (1d8 + 5 /x3) or
light flail (1d6 + 5 /19-20/x2) or
handaxe (1d6 + 5 /x3)
Ranged acid +7 touch (1d3 acid) or
Shortbow +8 (1d8 + 5 /x3)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Base Atk +7; Combat +12 (+13 grapple)
Atk Options challenge (+6 dmg, DR 2/-, 2/day)
Special Actions honor in all things (2/day), resolve (4/day)
Combat Gear -

Spell-like Abilities (Caster level 7th; concentration +8)
At will - acid splash

Gear
1/day - warding (ends judgement, challenge, smite. Can be recharged by expending own challenge uses as a swift action)
Traits Attempted Murder, Infernal *******, Master your Beasts
Skills Acrobatics +5, Athletics +10 (+15 jump), Diplomacy +8, Disguise +7, Escape Artist +6, Handle Animal +10, Heal +6, Intimidate +13, Knowledge (local) +5, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Knowledge (religion) +1, Linguistics +2, Perform (oratory) +2, Profession (cook) +6, Ride +11, Sense Motive +5, Survival +5
Possessions Blade of Balin (+1 merciful longsword), Ballinger (mw longsword), Havelyn's Armor of Belial (+1 dastard full plate of warding), +2 cloak of resistance (celestial blooded), armbands of the brawler, +1 heavy shield, masterwork composite shortbow, quiver, 200 arrows, heavy crossbow, bolts x20, +1 trident, masterwork lance, leather club, light flail, warhammer, handaxe, +1 dagger (x2), bone dagger, boots of elvenkind, belt of giant strength +2, signal horn, trained heavy war horse (currently deceased), Balin's holy symbol (silver and sapphire holy symbol of Mitra), wooden holy symbol of Mitra, wooden holy symbol of Belial, shield sconce, torches x10; In Rooms chain shirt, iron lamellar armor, heavy shield, longsword, masterwork heavy steel shield, dagger, masterwork full plate mail, longbow, lance, silk cloak, Princess Collector Coins, Barnabas' holy symbol, Neri ****' holy symbol, Father Don's holy symbol, The Cadfell Chronicles, 4,902 gp, 350 gp large ruby, antique spear

Challenge Lucavi gains a +6 damage bonus and DR 2/- against the target of his challenge, and a -2 penalty on AC against everyone else.

Dread Rider When within 30 feet of Hasmal, Lucavi gains a +3 bonus on Intimidate checks. Once per round as a free action, he can make an Intimidate check to demoralize a foe he has flanked with Hasmal or charged.

Fell Presence Those within 60 ft. of Lucavi and Hasmal suffer a -2 penalty on saves against fear.

Honor in All Things (Ex) Lucavi draws strength from his sense of honor. Whenever he makes a skill check or saving throw, he can call upon his honor as a free action to grant him a +4 morale bonus on the roll.

Resolve 3/day, recharges upon defeat of challenge target.
Determination: Lucavi can remove the fatigued, shaken, or sickened condition. If the condition has a duration longer than 1 hour or is permanent, this ability removes the condition for 1 hour, at which time the condition returns. Standard action.

Resolute: Whenever Lucavi is required to make a Fortitude or Will save, he can roll twice and take the better result. He must decide to use this ability before he rolls the saving throw. Immediate action.

Unstoppable: When Lucavi is reduced to fewer than 0 hit points but not slain, he can instantly stabilize and remain conscious. He is staggered, but he does not fall unconscious and begin dying if he takes a standard action. He does fall unconscious if he takes additional damage from any source. Immediate action.

Mounted Archer Lucavi takes a -2 penalty when firing from his mount if it takes a double move. He takes a -4 penalty if it is running.

Weapon Expertise Lucavi can draw a longsword as though he possessed Quick Draw. He gains a +2 confirmation bonus on critical hits with a longsword. In addition, he treats heavy blades as a fighter when determining the effects of weapon specific feats.

Hasmal (CR -)
Male riding dog (wolf animal companion)
N Medium animal
Init
+2; Senses low light, scent; Perception +6
Languages Canine

AC 23, touch 12, flat-footed 21, combat 20
(+5 armor, +2 Dex, +6 natural)
hp 60 (6d8 + 18)
Immune fatigue
Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +3

Speed 50 ft.
Melee bite +9 (1d6 + 6 plus trip)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Base Atk +4; Combat +8
Attack Options power attack (-2, +6)
Skills Acrobatics +6 (+18 jumping), Perception +7, Survival +6 (+10 scent tracking); Racial +4 jumping, +4 Survival when tracking by scent
Tricks attack, come, defend, down, guard, heel, hunt, improved attack, track
Possessions Hide barding (spiked collar with throat and belly protector)

Link Lucavi can handle Hasmal as a free action or push him as a move action. Lucavi has a +14 bonus when using Handle Animal on Hasmal.

Challenge Hasmal gains 1/2 of the bonuses from Lucavi's challenge when he is within 30 feet of his master.

Duskblight (CR 1) Currently Deceased
Male heavy warhorse
N Large animal
Init
+1; Senses low light, scent; Perception +6
Languages Equine

AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 15, combat 18 (20 vs overrun)
(+2 Dex, +6 natural, -1 size)
hp 26 (3d8 + 6)
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +2

Speed 50 ft.
Melee bite +4 (1d4 + 3) and
2 hooves +4 (1d6 + 3)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Base Atk +2; Combat +6 (+8 overrun)
Atk Options power attack (-1, +2)
Special Actions improved overrun
Tricks attack, come, defend, down, guard, heel, improved attack, menace
Possessions saddlebags; In Saddlebags 3 guard uniforms, 50 ft. rope x3, lantern, torches x20, whetstone, armor cleaning supplies, extra bowstring, book, dog treats, pipe, tobacco, traveler's outfit, book of military regs, keg of beer, comb shiv, animal feed (5 days), backpack, bedroll, belt pouch, bit and bridle, flint and steel, iron pot, mess kit, military saddle, saddlebags, soap, trail rations (5 days), waterskin, blanket, fishing kit, waffle iron, wrist sheath x2, hide barding, cold weather outfit, courteir's outfit, traveler's outfit x4, explorer's outfit, batter (flour, salt, egg, butter, milk, honey) for 50 delicious waffles

-Lucavi Delacroix still focuses on his combatives above other considerations such as knightly values. Though he demonstrates a cool head, he rarely expresses any emotion whatsoever. He has received several complaints about his unnerving of the other candidates. He does not put forth a proper effort in his religious training. He frequently appears to make up the answers when his knowledge is lacking, often concocting assertations bordering on heresy. As a candidate we recommend him for extensive retraining. --Knight Captain Lars Gafgarion--

-Alma Belleve was taken from her home by her neighbor Lucavi Delacroix on Fireday night. She was returned to her home the following morning. The victim cannot testify due to the removal of her tongue, nor identify the attacker due to the removal of her eyes, both of which appear to have been accomplished through the application of acid. The lacerations of her back and limbs are consistent with the defendant's elongated and sharpened fingernails. She was branded on her left shoulder so severely that she has lost the use of her arm. Finally, her rib cage was opened up and the bone threaded through the flesh of her chest. We have been unable to heal most of the mutilations for fear of causing the young woman to be forever marred in this atrocious manner, and await direction from the Church before treating her further. We are charging the defendant with torture, attempted murder and kidnapping. --Inquisitor Folmarv Tengille--

Notes: Per Wardragon, Lucavi will replace all banner abilities with Fell Rider's brute steed, dread rider, fell presence and terror. In lieu of a mount, these abilities will function while he is within 30 feet of Hasmal. Likewise, Hasmal's mount abilities will function when he is within 30 feet of Lucavi.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:40 am 

Damodred Anheis

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:31 pm 

The Sun rises, and it is a great moment for Church and Country. The last - Mitra allow that it is true - the last foul cult of the Lord of the Fourth in Daveryn lies revealed by the tireless effort of the Inquisition. As its leaders are dragged off to the flames, the heathen idols are thrown down, and in long-hidden tunnels beneath the city, once-darkened pits profaned by the Devil knows what unholy rituals are laid open to Mitra's light.

And - praise His mercy - the sun shines on rescued slaves, poor abused souls finally free again after gods know how long held, away from the eyes of society, in wretched bondage. A pitiable lot. But the Church, as ever, stands ready to show its munificence, the monks and sisters eager to provide shelter and succor to those most in need...

The Sun sets.
a
The Sun rises, and the one remaining freedwoman is again in chains, starting her journey to Branderscar.

skills

Puella
Female human Scarred Witch 10 (Endurance)
LE Medium Humanoid (Human)
Init +4 (+3 Dex, +1 trait)
Perception +13
Languages Common, Celestial, Draconic, Infernal

AC 19, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+3 Dex, +4 armor, +2 deflection)
CMD 19 (+5 BAB, -1 Str, +3 Dex, +2 deflection)
hp 169 (10d6+100+15*) (max 175)
Fort +16, Ref +9, Will +13; +1 vs divine magic; +2 vs pain while masked

Speed 30ft.
Melee touch +4 (by spell), or
Melee masterwork heavy mace +5 (1d8-1/x2), or
Melee dagger +4 (1d4-1/19-20x2), or
Melee longsword +0 (1d8-1/19-20x2), or
Ranged touch +8 (by spell)
Base Atk +5; CMB +4
Special Actions Hex (standard).
Combat Gear potion of cure light wounds (x2,1g);
scrolls of: mage armor, identify, comprehend languages, cure light wounds x3, detect secret doors, obscuring mist, inflict light wounds x2, ill omen x2 (CL 5), see invisibility x2, glitterdust x4, dispel magic, heal, regenerate;
wand of cure light wounds (50 charges), wand of bless (49 charges; UMD +17);
tanglefoot bag x2

Cast Spells

Witch Spells Prepared (Caster Level 10th, Concentration +19)
5th (8+1/day) - dominate person (DC 24), baleful polymorph (DC 24), feeblemind (DC 24), cast, magic jar (DC 24), one, one, one, spell resistance (22)
4th (5+1/day) - confusion (DC 23), dimension door (2 passengers), fear (DC 23), cast, one, spell immunity
3rd (5+1/day) - fly, heroism, heroism, heroism, cast, protection from energy (96).
2nd (6+1/day) - bear's endurance, blindness/deafness (DC 21), cure moderate wounds (2d8+9), glitterdust (DC 21), web (DC 21), cast, bear's endurance
1st (7+1/day) – ear-piercing scream (DC 20), adhesive spittle, enlarge person, ill omen (3 rolls), ill omen (3 rolls), mage armor, cast, one, endure elements
0th (4/day, unlimited) - detect magic, guidance, message, stabilize

Cast Spells Puella uses her rod to extend a mage armor each day, and generally devotes one spell slot per spell level per day to the maintenance of the Horn's glyphs and wards and to the upkeep of enchantments, curses, and other spells laid on various prisoners.

Witch Hexes
-Evil Eye (DC 24) - standard, 30ft, 12 rounds (1 on save), -4
-Flight - feather fall at will, levitate 1/day, fly 10 min/day (1 min increments)
-Misfortune (DC 24) - standard, 30ft, 2 rounds
-Scar (DC 24) - standard, touch, 9 scars
-Scarshield (+5) - standard, personal, 10 minutes (1 min increments)
-Slumber (DC 24) - standard, 30ft, 10 rounds
-Cackle

Abilities Str 9, Dex 17, Con 28, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 13
SQ Spells, hexes, mask
Feats Racial Heritage, Extra Hex, Craft Magic Item, Extra Hex, One, One, Leadership (B)
Skills Diplomacy +6 (1r), Heal +15/+17 (9r), Intimidate +17/+19 (10r), Knowledge (arcana) +16 (10r), Knowledge (planes) +6 (3r; +9 w/ library), Knowledge (religion) +13 (10r), Perception +13 (10r), Sense Motive +17 (10r), Spellcraft +16 (10r), Stealth +10 (7r), Swim +3 (0r), Use Magic Device +17 (10r).
Background Skills Knowledge (history) +11 (5r), Profession (law) +11 (5r), Profession (torturer) +16 (10r)
Drawback Mark of Slavery
Traits Desecration, Survivor, Resilient, Once a Slave
Possessions Combat gear plus: dagger, masterwork lockpicks, Branderscar servant's outfit, heavy mace, masterwork heavy mace, rope, bullseye lantern, unholy symbol of Asmodeus, common scholarly tomes x10, hooded lanterns x2, wizard's college class ring (250), 150 gp amethyst, 220 gp amethyst, 500 gp fossilized mammoth tusk, 50 gp garnet, scrying mirror, courtier's outfit (burgundy robes), Balentyne servant's outfit, cloak of resistance +3, iron line, belt of mighty constitution +4, spell component pouch x2, narwhal horn lesser rod of quicken spell, lesser rod of extend spell, ring of protection +2, radiant coronet x3, 5,000 gp diamond x2, 1,000 gp diamond dust, 400 gp diamond ring, 250 gp eye ointment, holy tomes of Mitra, books of demonology and diabolism, disguise kit, healer's kit, 40,426 gp, minor mundane gear and ordinary clothing.
Villain Points 3

Capital

Puella's Library includes a Classroom (+8), a Magical Repository (+12), and a Summoning Chamber (+3); it earns 3 magic per day of successful operation. As of the end of Week 25, she has 25 Magic (books).

I stopped rolling random events after Week 7, as a tiresome and pointless exercise that typically amounted to a wash.

As of the end of Week 25, the operation has generated 717 Magic that has yet to be bought and used.

The Ivory Mask (su)
Emotionless, but hardly ivory-smooth, this mask follows Puella's features but, upon close and careful inspection, is enhanced with painstakingly crafted, minute reproductions of facial scars and mutilations, each tiny mark combining into a delicate tracery of engraved abuse.

The Ivory Mask holds the following spells:

5th level: baleful polymorph, blight, cure critical wounds, dominate person, feeblemind, inflict critical wounds, lesser planar binding, magic jar, reincarnation, spell resistance, telepathic bond, teleport, one, one
4th level: crushing despair, confusion, debilitating portent, dimension door, discern lies, divination, fear, greater aggressive blizzard, ice storm, inflict serious wounds, lesser geas, poison, scrying, secure shelter, solid fog, spell immunity, wall of ice
3rd level: animate dead, bestow curse, clairaudience/clairvoyance, dispel magic, fly, glyph of warding, guiding star, heroism, howling agony (cold), magic circle against evil, nature's exile, protection from energy, reckless infatuation, remove curse, seek thoughts, sepia snake sigil, sleet storm, suggestion, vampiric touch
2nd level: bear's endurance, blindness/deafness, blood transcription, boiling blood, burning gaze, cure moderate wounds, death knell, delay poison, detect thoughts, false life, frost fall, glitterdust, hold person, icy gaze, inflict moderate wounds, investigative mind, limp lash, masterwork transformation, perceive cues, see invisibility, share memory, silent table, stricken heart, symbol of mirroring, unnatural lust, unshakable chill, ward of the season (winter only), web
1st level: adhesive spittle, beguiling gift, blood money, charm person, command, compel hostility, comprehend languages, cure light wounds, detect secret doors, discern next of kin, ear-piercing scream, endure elements, enlarge person, frostbite, inflict light wounds, hex ward, hex vulnerability, icicle dagger, ill omen, mage armor, mask dweomer, mount, ray of enfeeblement, ray of sickening, remove sickness, unseen servant whispering lore
cantrips: All

In addition, while worn, the Mask grants a +2 bonus to Intimidate checks and to saving throws against [pain] effects. Puella may enhance the Mask as if she possessed the Craft Wondrous Item feat. She has so far enhanced the Mask as a circlet of persuasion.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

This young woman might have grown beautiful in another life, but beneath her garb the marks of whip, flame and steel mar her body. Only her face is scrupulously unsullied.

Scar-free (Iron Circlet) Puella:

Last edited by Coriat on Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:42 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:01 am 

Sebastien Teeg
Male Human Alchemist 10
NE Medium Humanoid (human)
Init +10; Senses Perception +13
Languages Aklo, Common, Dwarven, Elven, Goblin, Gnome, Halfling, Infernal
Fort +12, Ref +16, Will +9; Iron Will; roll twice take best vs mind-affecting
Immune poison
Ranged briar bomb +13 touch
Ranged briar bomb +11/+11/+6 touch
Ranged acid +13 touch (1d6 + 8 acid; 9 acid splash, 5 ft radius)
Ranged alchemist's ice +13 touch (1d6 + 8 cold; 9 cold splash, 5 ft radius)
Ranged tanglefoot bag +13 touch
Ranged light crossbow +12 (1d8 / 19-20)
Melee dagger +8/+3 (1d4+1/19-20)
Space 5 ft ; Reach 5 ft
Base Attack +7; Combat +7
Special Actions bomb (unlimited; 13/day)
Combat Gear 15 potions of cure light wounds
3rd (5/day) - ???
4th (7/day) - ???
Skills Appraise +12 (1)*, Athletics +3 (2), Bluff +14 (10), Craft (alchemy) +26 (10) (+31 for alchemical item creation)*, Disable Device +17 (10), Disguise +10 (10) (+20 w iron circlet), Heal +13 (10), Knowledge (arcana) +21 (10), Knowledge (dungeoneering) +9 (1), Knowledge (local) +9 (1), Knowledge (nature) +16 (5), Knowledge (the planes) +18 (10), Perception +13 (10), Ride +6 (1), Sense Motive +10 (10), Sleight of Hand +9 (1)*, Spellcraft +21 (10), Stealth +19 (10), Survival +0 (+4 to avoid becoming lost) (7 skill points left/8 Background skill points left)
Traits Arson, Fast Talker, Quiet as Death
Possessions acid (10), alchemist's ice (10), alchemist's kit (an alchemy crafting kit, a backpack, a bedroll, a belt pouch, a flint and steel, ink, an inkpen, an iron pot, a mess kit, soap, torches (9), trail rations (5 days), and a waterskin), baron's coronet (as circlet of persuasion), 5 doses of black adder venom, +3 buckler, cauldron of brewing, cloak of resistance +3, cracked dusty ioun stone, cracked pale green prism ioun stone (saving throws), crossbow bolts (46), dagger, 3 doses of greenblood oil, dusty rose prism ioun stone, headband of disguise & vast intelligence +4 (Appraise & Knowledge [nobility]), holy water (10), hood of the free thinker, hybridization funnel, light crossbow, masterwork potions belt (2), masterwork thieves' tools, minor bag of holding, +3 mithral chain shirt, portable alchemist's lab, ring of protection +2, 18 seeds (briar bombs), spellbooks (Eldreth's spellbook, Heart of All Flame, Martel's spellbook), wayfinder (4 ioun stone slots), wizard's laboratory, Wytchbrand (+1 flaming greatsword), 29,677 gp, 9 sp, 10 cp
Formula Book 1st - bomber's eye, crafter's fortune, cure light wounds, disguise self, expeditious retreat, identify, longshot, polypurpose panacea, shield, targeted bomb admixture, true strike ; 2nd - alchemical allocation, alter self, barkskin, cure moderate wounds, false life, invisibility, lesser restoration, spider climb; 3rd - communal resist energy, cure serious wounds; 4th - greater invisibility

Alchemy (Su): When using Craft (alchemy) to create an alchemical item, an alchemist gains a competence bonus equal to his class level on the Craft (alchemy) check. In addition, an alchemist can use Craft (alchemy) to identify potions as if using detect magic. He must hold the potion for 1 round to make such a check.

Briar Bombs (Su): A creature that takes a direct hit from a briar bomb must make a Reflex save DC 22 or be entangled and glued to the floor as if it had failed its save against a tanglefoot bag. Creatures in the splash area that fail their saves are entangled but not glued to the floor; those who make this save are not entangled at all. The entanglement's duration persists for 8 rounds. Additionally, when Sebastien throws a briar bomb, it transforms all squares in its splash radius into difficult terrain that persists for 8 rounds.

Explosive Bombs: Sebastien's bombs have a splash radius of 10 feet rather than 5 feet (see Throw Splash Weapon). Creatures that take a direct hit from an explosive bomb catch fire, taking 1d6 points of fire damage each round until the fire is extinguished. Extinguishing the flames is a full-round action that requires a Reflex save DC 22. Rolling on the ground provides the target with a +2 to the save. Dousing the target with at least 2 gallons of water automatically extinguishes the flames.

Infusion (Su): When Teeg creates an extract, he can infuse it with an extra bit of his own magical power. The extract created now persists even after he sets it down. As long as the extract exists, it continues to occupy one of his daily extract slots. An infused extract can be imbibed by a non-alchemist to gain its effects.

Mutagen (Su): Teeg has discovered how to create a mutagen that he can imbibe in order to heighten his physical prowess at the cost of his personality. It takes 1 hour to brew a dose of mutagen, and once brewed, it remains potent until used. He can only maintain one dose of mutagen at a time—if he brews a second dose, any existing mutagen becomes inert. As with an extract or bomb, a mutagen that is not in an alchemist's possession becomes inert until an alchemist picks it up again.

When Teeg brews a mutagen, he selects one physical ability score—either Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution. It's a standard action to drink a mutagen. Upon being imbibed, the mutagen causes the alchemist to grow bulkier and more bestial, granting him a +2 natural armor bonus and a +4 alchemical bonus to the selected ability score for 10 minutes per alchemist level. In addition, while the mutagen is in effect, he takes a –2 penalty to one of his mental ability scores. If the mutagen enhances his Strength, it applies a penalty to his Intelligence. If it enhances his Dexterity, it applies a penalty to his Wisdom. If it enhances his Constitution, it applies a penalty to his Charisma.

A non-alchemist who drinks a mutagen must make a Fortitude save (DC 22) or become nauseated for 1 hour—a non-alchemist can never gain the benefit of a mutagen, but an alchemist can gain the effects of another alchemist's mutagen if he drinks it. (Although if the other alchemist creates a different mutagen, the effects of the “stolen” mutagen immediately cease.) The effects of a mutagen do not stack. Whenever an alchemist drinks a mutagen, the effects of any previous mutagen immediately end.

Precise Bombs (Su): Whenever Teeg throws a bomb, he can select 5 squares equal that are not affected by the splash damage from his bombs. If the bomb misses, this discovery has no effect.

Profane Bombs (Su):When Sebastien creates a bomb, he can choose to have it deal evil divine damage. Good creatures that take a direct hit from a profane bomb must succeed at a Fortitude save DC 22 or be staggered on their next turn. Against a neutral creature, a profane bomb deals half damage, and the target is not affected by the bomb's staggering effect. A profane bomb has no effect against evil-aligned creatures.

Swift Alchemy (Ex): Teeg can create alchemical items with astounding speed. It takes him half the normal amount of time to create alchemical items, and he can apply poison to a weapon as a move action.

Swift Poisoning (Ex): Teeg can apply a dose of poison to a weapon as a swift action.

Villain Points: 2

Last edited by Glabrezubane on Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:24 pm, edited 28 times in total.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:35 am 
Site Admin

Rough Draft

Ajora Alma Altima (CR 7)
Female half celestial human unchained monk (hamatulatsu master) 6
LE Medium outsider (augmented human)
Init
+3; Senses Darkvision, Perception +16
Languages Common, Infernal

AC 22, touch 21, flat-footed 19, combat 27
(+3 Dex, +1 monk, +1 natural, +7 Wis)
hp 92 (6d10 + 30); DR 5/evil
Immune disease, pain; SR 18
Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10
Defense infernal resilience (+2 vs nausea, sicken, stagger, stun), still mind
Fort +9 (+13 vs poison), Ref +8, Will +9 (+11 vs enchantment); evasion

Speed 50 ft., fly 100 ft. (good)
Melee Unarmed flurry +13/+13/+8 (1d8 + 7 plus 1d4 bleed)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Base Atk +6; Combat +13
Atk Options scorpion style (DC 20, 7 rounds), style strike (flying kick)
Special Actions smite evil (2/day, +1 atk, +6 damage), stunning fist (6/day, DC 20, stun 1 round or shaken 1 minute)
constant – ki metabolism

Spell-like Abilities (Caster level 6th, concentration +7)
3/day – protection from evil
1/day – aid, bless, cure serious wounds, detect evil, neutralize poison
Skills Acrobatics +12, Bluff +7, Craft (needlepoint) +5, Diplomacy +7, Fly +16, Knowledge (geography) +7, Knowledge (history) +10, Knowledge (local) +9, Knowledge (religion) +7, Perception +16, Sense Motive +16, Stealth +12
Possessions

Current rules issues: She has taken the Hamatulatsu Master Archetype to ditch her redundant purity of body. PF Unchained states 'with the exception of the monk, the archetypes work for those with the class features to replace'. The Hamatulatsu Master adjusts bonus feat choices, Stunning Fist, replaces Purity of Body, and adjusts Ki. The Unchained Monk still possesses all of those abilities. It is my belief that many of the archetypes either dealt with or adjusted the abilities of the old monk that involved its lower BaB, and that it was ultimately easier to just say 'no monk archetypes' than to try and fix any of them. As we have had a higher effective BaB monk since day one, I don't feel this is a huge thing to work around. If the purity of body thing is too cumbersome, Ajora can easily work as a rogue instead, and I will redo her as such.

Ajora Alma Altima (CR 7)
Female half celestial human unchained monk 1/rogue 5
LE Medium outsider (augmented human)
Init
+8; Senses Darkvision, Perception +12 (+14 vs traps)
Languages Auran, Celestial, Common, Elven, Infernal, Sylvan

AC 24, touch 23, flat-footed 24, combat 27
(+6 Cha, +4 Dex, +1 natural, +3 Wis)
hp 48+5d8 (1d10 + 5d8 + 24); DR 5/evil
Immune disease; SR 18
Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10
Defense danger sense +1, uncanny dodge
Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +5; evasion

Speed 30 ft., fly 60 ft. (good)
Melee Unarmed flurry +11/+11 (1d6 + 6)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Base Atk +4; Combat +10
Atk Options debilitating injury, sneak attack +3d6
Special Actions smite evil (2/day, +6 atk, +6 damage), stunning fist (2/day, DC 16)

Spell-like Abilities (Caster level 6th, concentration +12)
3/day – protection from evil
1/day – aid, bless, cure serious wounds, detect evil, neutralize poison
Skills Acrobatics +13, Athletics +9, Bluff +17, Craft (needlepoint) +10, Diplomacy +22, Disable Device +16, Disguise +14, Escape Artist +10, Fly +17, Heal +9, Intimidate +12, Knowledge (any) +8, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +14, Knowledge (local) +14, Perception +12, Perform (dance) +15, Sense Motive +12, Sleight of Hand +13, Stealth +13, Use Magic Device +10; Racial +2 Bluff, +2 Diplomacy
Possessions

Report this post